The Good News thread

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
This is the best news I've heard all day. I am so happy for you (and her!)!
Thank you! We are both very happy, she looks better and is back to normal speed.

I did some digging and it is possible for dogs with EPI to not always show results outside of the normal range for their TLI levels (largely what we were testing for). Or, depending on how you look at it, it's possible dogs without clinical EPI will respond dramatically to enzyme supplementation.

So basically, enzymes are working and I'm treating my dog like she has EPI because it's working and she's getting better.

CaliTerp07

Tomorrow's lesson is the hardest one of the first quarter--domain and range from a graph. The kids just can't grasp the abstractness of function graphs having domain and range (especially when they go to infinity at a diagonal...) Every year in May this is the topic they are still struggling with.

BUT!

I am so so so so excited because I have the most awesomest way to teach it tomorrow. I am so grateful to the world of math teacher bloggers who have gifted me awesome ideas and starting points! I have the coolest foldable and manipulatives and DARN IT, THEY ARE GOING TO UNDERSTAND THIS CONCEPT THIS YEAR!!!

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I have what I believe is REM sleep behavior disorder. My psychiatrist prescribed me a drug that she's used to treat other patients with those issues. It's an antihistamine but somehow works miracles for my sleep. I can actually... you know... sleep, lol.

Because Caremark mail order prescription refill is maybe the WORST service I've ever used, I've been off of it for two weeks and I am feeling it. I'm exhausted. Constantly tired. I feel like I could fall over. I spent the night with my boyfriend for the first time in months and he confirmed that I'm only getting a couple of hours of restful sleep. :(

But the good news is that my psychiatrist called in a new prescription to my old pharmacy and I got it today! I get to actually sleep tonight!! I am SO excited, haha.

Taqroy

My dog has gained 2 lbs! :banana: That makes me feel like a dancing banana.
YAY! I'm so happy you found something that works!

Job interview tomorrow for a position that sounds perfect. Wish me luck :)
Good luck!

Tomorrow's lesson is the hardest one of the first quarter--domain and range from a graph. The kids just can't grasp the abstractness of function graphs having domain and range (especially when they go to infinity at a diagonal...) Every year in May this is the topic they are still struggling with.

BUT!

I am so so so so excited because I have the most awesomest way to teach it tomorrow. I am so grateful to the world of math teacher bloggers who have gifted me awesome ideas and starting points! I have the coolest foldable and manipulatives and DARN IT, THEY ARE GOING TO UNDERSTAND THIS CONCEPT THIS YEAR!!!
I really wish I'd had a math teacher like you - middle school is about the time I decided I wasn't good at math (due to a slew of lousy teachers who actually yelled at students that didn't understand) and just gave up. You know how you look back at your life and there's at least one teacher that changed everything for you? I bet you're that teacher for a lot of kids.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Hooray...It is going to cost way less than I expected to take down the problem tree that is threatening the foundation of our house :)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Hannah and I painted this today :D

She did all the big painting (body, overalls, goggle band) and I did the finer tuned parts.

I think he turned out cute

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Today while talking about his formerly crappy/junky diet, Jeromy described what he'd been eating as "the Ol' Roy of people food." Lol. I love that man. I guess I've talked dog to him too much :p

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
omg the Target RedCard is a beautiful thing. I kind of realized my friend's wedding is next weekend already, I should probably buy a gift.... picked something off her registry and was just going to have it shipped to her. Shipping was $30! But with the Redcard shipping is FREE so YES I win. God I love Target.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Called around this morning to try and find a plastic barrel to rig up a proper chute for Georgie. ONE of the restaurant supply places had them and they were $92.99.
I decided to run by Rural King and just check, figuring if they did have anything it would be about the same price.

So I'm walking around eating my bag of popcorn and looking around and along the back wall WHAT DO I SEE?

55 gallon plastic barrels.
$15.

Done.

Then I got to watch people's faces turn from amused to amazed as I easily loaded a 55 gallon plastic barrel into the back of my Chevy Impala. Oh yes, it WILL fit... just watch.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Apparently my dental insurance covers Invisaline. ^_^ My front teeth on the top are super gappy, now I get to make them less gappy for no cost to me! ^_^ They also work as a mouth guard so I don't grind my teeth to nothingness.

Airn

Going with Chris and one of his friends to a Zombie Paintball Apocalypse thing tomorrow. I'm so excited. Glow in the dark paint/paintballs, zombies, good food... It's going to be a blast. Not digging working 9+ hours tomorrow but...ZOMBIES!!! :p

Today was my birthday. Good day. Quiet, no fuss made, got to sleep till nine. Watched the Little Mermaid, went to the dog park, set up a technical interview with a grooming salon I'm very interested in here in Arizona... all in all great. Getting ready to watch Oz the Great and Powerful and hoping it wasn't a gigantic waste of money, and didn't hear from the in-laws at all today, so no drama. :)

Oh yeah... ate way more brie than I should have today, but it's literally the best I've ever had! Yum!!!

FG167

Limit broke out of his crate while we were at dinner tonight. He chewed a wooden dowel and played with a couple of his training balls. That's it :) He's such a good little boy

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I get to see my best friend tomorrow for the first time in almost three years :) I'm flying down tomorrow and staying till Tuesday night! I can't wait!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Today was my birthday. Good day. Quiet, no fuss made, got to sleep till nine. Watched the Little Mermaid, went to the dog park, set up a technical interview with a grooming salon I'm very interested in here in Arizona... all in all great. Getting ready to watch Oz the Great and Powerful and hoping it wasn't a gigantic waste of money, and didn't hear from the in-laws at all today, so no drama. :)

Oh yeah... ate way more brie than I should have today, but it's literally the best I've ever had! Yum!!!
Happy birthday. Sounds like a glorious way to spend it.

I have Oz great and powerful and I love it. Dying to know how you liked it. I live how clever it was and how the little subtlties tie into the wizard of Oz

Members online

No members online now.