growth on the eyelid?

cavkingcharlesx3

wannabe raw feeder
my dog is going in tomorrow to remove a growth he has on his lower left eyelid. it's very small, and it's not on the actual eye, it's just on the lower lid right below the eye. I took him to the vet yesterday, and he said that because it is pigmented (it's the color of his skin), we should probably have it removed and do a biopsy. I've done some research online, since the vet said it could be melanoma. I have found that melanomas that occur on an organ (for example, inside the mouth or actual ON/IN the eye) are usually the malignant ones, while the ones that occur on the skin are benign.

The growth is like the size of a tiny tiny ball. It's not even 1/2 cm in diamater. It's quite small.

Has anyone been in this situation before? should I worry about it? I tend to be very nervous about these kinds of things, and i'm just freaking out and starting to worry that it might be a malignant growth :(

Any responses are really appreciated.

bubbatd

Worrying won't help ...... it could be just a wart . Many years ago one of my Goldens had one ..... it didn't bother him and it didn't change in size or look ugly . My Dad tied a thread around it and it dropped off in about 10 days . I wouldn't recommend it .... but it worked .

showpug

We did eyelid tumor removal surgeries all the time at the clinic I worked at. Just have the surgery done and then you won't have to worry;)

Most of the time they weren't malignant, but it's always better to know for sure than to assume.

cavkingcharlesx3

wannabe raw feeder
oh thank you so much.
that makes me feel so much better.
i'm just so worried about him :( but i'm glad that most of the time they turned out not to be malignant. that's really comforting.

Members online

No members online now.