Hair dying?

Fran27

So I'm starting to get white hairs. They are thicker and I keep plucking them and obviously they keep coming back... so I'm considering dying my hair. I only did it once before though, so I'm clueless... I don't really dare trying the at home stuff, but how much does it cost to have it done at a hairdresser, and how often do you have to do it? Heck I don't even know a hairdresser who would do it...

amberdyan

Honestly, the at home stuff is incredibly easy. My mom started dyeing her hair pretty young because she had a lot of grays and didn't like it. I frequently come over and dye her hair and drink wine : p. It's much easier if you can have someone else do it because there's less chance that you'll stain your skin.

Hers comes in a box and you mix the two ingredients (the box comes with gloves) and just completely coat your hair, attempting to not get it on your neck or face. The box will tell you how long to leave it on and then you just take a shower.

I think going to a hair dresser can actually get pretty expensive. My sister has dyed her hair a few times and it was around 65 dollars. My mom dyes her hair every month (some people go longer, her hair grows fast). The box of hair dye she gets is only 10 bucks.

You could always find a hairdresser and then try dyeing it at home. If you didn't like it, the hairdresser could easily fix it. : )

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
How much it costs will greatly depend on where you live. On average I'd say $75-100 for shoulder length hair in a city (plus cut and blowout)

The average is about every 5-6 weeks. It greatly depends on your hair though, some people get roots like crazy (their hair grows very fast) so it's every 4 weeks.

I personally wouldn't try your first time at home, but see what the salon does and then it's not bad doing it in your bathroom. I mean, the results aren't the same (obviously lol) but for something simple like gray cover you could make it work.

Go on yelp, find someone qualified and you can totally call and ask for price estimate or go in and they will tell you. Any salon will be able to do it.

CHECK GROUPON!

Members online

No members online now.