Hot from the kiln

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THis is FAlling white woman who falls from the frying pan to the fire and cracks up once and for all. Long title..but I am most pleased. I cannot scrub the rest of the silver coating off of her white body until I get some pc7 to glue her together. NOw if only I could get it to come out this nice again, Wihtout cracking it. I got a tank of propane that had a bad valve. I ran out during the firing, attached the hose to the new tank barely turned it on and a ball of gas hit that flame and that was that, she split in half. But somehow it seemed to suit her and her title. Thought it might give some of you a grin. Does me, but I have a twisted sense of humor in the first place.

Saeleofu

Well, after reading your title and before reading the description I thought the crack was intentional. So I love it! The crack makes it perfect!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
hehehe that's what I thought :D

I drew the first falling white woman that's cracking up on a plate while waiting for a tow truck..again. With the Pontiac. SHe glazed wonderfully and was one of my most favorite pieces. Right up until my preteen was angry and slammed the front door so hard she jumped off the wall. Even tho she was hanging by a good aligator hook. Shouldn't have happened and I was most sad. My now teen has never slammed a door again. She felt bad. That one was neat because the woman was glazed in a white crackle that crackled from extreme around her feet to large cracks across her abdomen but none on her face or arms. You can't make that happen. It's a gift from the kiln god. So I guess that kaboom of gas that split her in half was a gift too. Even if it did make me jump several feet in the air. Scared me to pieces. I have never ever had that happen before.

Members online