Vetericyn

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
This stuff is showing up everywhere lately and we just go it in at work. Never heard a thing about it until now. Anyone used it before? Thoughts?

joce

Google it with horses and youll see a ton of stuff. It does work great but I just prefer a creme that will keep bugs out that you can just slather on. Some of the before and after pics are amazing.

It's been out a long time. At least two summers ago we used it on a friends horse.

I use the eye ointment on Byron regularly.

MicksMom

I've used it on small cuts/scrapes on myself with iffy results. I was really impressed when I used it on a puncture wound on Caleb Thanksgiving weekend. I saw a big improvement after one application. After the second, I had to look really hard for the wound.

momto8

We have used it for awhile, for hot spots, cuts, sores ect. I really like it :) We get ours at our local orschlens, the only downside is that its kinda pricy, but the large spray bottle I picked up has lasted us forever!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
We sold it where I used to work and everyone there swore by it. Not just for animals.... lots of them would use it on themselves.

crazedACD

Ummm..I used it on a sore throat...worked wonders actually :p.

Romeo had a cut under his eye that kept reopening, for about a week...it would start to heal and he would rub it on something and open it again. I dug out some vetericyn samples I had and it seemed to do the trick right away. We've used it at work and like it. I don't know, it just seems to work.

We sold it where I used to work and everyone there swore by it. Not just for animals.... lots of them would use it on themselves.
This! After my foster dog, Rocket, was attacked by the neighbor dog, I sprayed it on his various lacerations and punctures - they healed really well!

Zhucca

Lab Love
Vetericyn is pretty sweet, actually. I've used it on numerous minor cuts/hot spots and the like on dogs and myself and it heals things up quite quickly and nicely.

crazedACD

I've heard about using it for a sore throat, never have. How do you use it, on the outside of your throat? i was never sure about that lol!
Just spray it right down your throat! It doesn't taste terrible, tastes like water with the slightest hint of bleach. It was actually recommended to me by a rep in the company..'off the record'..shhh. ;)

One of the best things I think about vetericyn is that the dog CAN lick it or you can get in their eyes and it doesn't hurt anything.

adojrts

Never had to use it for any of my dogs or myself yet, but have it for my horse. Works awesome and I wouldn't hesitate to use it on my dogs. Good to know that it works for sore throats, thanks !!!!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
One thing I've considered using it for is this recurring abdominal rash that Juno gets, because it supposedly KILLS EVERYTHING lol. But at $30+ a bottle I have a hard time justifying giving it a try, because even if it is amazing.... my dogs just don't get scraped up...

Although if it works for sore throats maybe I should buy it with that in mind!

momto8

Just spray it right down your throat! It doesn't taste terrible, tastes like water with the slightest hint of bleach. It was actually recommended to me by a rep in the company..'off the record'..shhh. ;)
awesome! I will remember that next time :)

MicksMom

One thing I've considered using it for is this recurring abdominal rash that Juno gets, because it supposedly KILLS EVERYTHING lol. But at $30+ a bottle I have a hard time justifying giving it a try, because even if it is amazing.... my dogs just don't get scraped up...
That's why I hesitated buying it- Caleb's not an injury prone dog. But, I sure was glad I hadf it after he got that small puncture wound Thanksgiving. We never did figure out what happened- when he walked in from the kitchen, there was blood on his side, and I found a small hole. Just glad it healed up so fast!

joce

Is it really 30 a bottle? I don't remember paying that! Maybe the stuff marketed to dogs is more expensive? Try tsc. But it's been a while since I have had to buy it to so price may have gone up.

Can't see me ever swallowing the stuff!

mkj2013

I pay almost $40 for a big spray bottle of the gel, that's the only version I buy. I love it for Addie, she always has some sort of skin lesion from her staph allergies so it's a must. I use it on her face, which is sensitive so that's nice, her red toes, and all over her body. If I could I would manage her outbreaks this way, since it works so quickly. But her staph just spreads like wildfire. Anyway, I love the stuff.

Members online

No members online now.