Meet Nina and Logan

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
They're both very cute! Congrats on the new additions!

Be sure you read up on raising two littermates. Also, since they're not even eight weeks yet, be sure they get a lot of socialization. A lot of the critical socialization dogs get is from their mothers at this age which is part of why it's usually illegal to sell dogs under 8 weeks. I'm not trying to drag you down, just pointing out a few things to watch for. We got our female sheltie at 6 weeks, though, so it can be done.

Ummm... more pictures?

RD

Are you dead yet?
LOL, I never give advice because everytime I do someone jumps down my throat. You guys honestly do not know how many people you are discouraging from asking questions and participating in this forum.

Just be happy and quit bitching. ;)
You mean the way you're jumping down our throats right now?

I've got a bitch in heat and if I were a dog I'd be in heat too, so bitching is my specialty right now.

showdawgz

Are we suppost to "be happy and stop bitching" while we watch people support BYB or Puppy Mills? I for one, cannot do that.

I agree with RD, I'm very happy for Dakotah. There is nothing like having two little cute puppies like hers. I hope we'll be able to watch them grow up! :)
How is she supporting BYB and puppymills? There was no money exchanged. Your telling me if a box of puppies we're sitting in front of Walmart you wouldnt take one or two if not all, just because they werent from a shelter. The irony in your post. Would you rather a research facility or pit fighters take Nina and Logan?

showdawgz

You mean the way you're jumping down our throats right now?

I've got a bitch in heat and if I were a dog I'd be in heat too, so bitching is my specialty right now.
Oh bitching is definately my specialty most of the time as it is usually deserved, unlike in this situation. I got one bitch that just went out of heat and one who just went in and one more to go, so that really does not impress me. ;)

Oh bitching is definately my specialty most of the time as it is usually deserved, unlike in this situation. I got one bitch that just went out of heat and one who just went in and one more to go, so that really does not impress me. ;)
And I think I speak for many when I say, you can be tiresome.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Oh, curses! I don't impress you, my life's mission is foiled.

I'm still pissy. You're still contradicting yourself. Dakotah is still not here because she's busy with her adorable puppies. :D

noludoru

Bored Now.
I didn't post earlier because I just didn't know what to say.

Then don't ask for help (a LOT of help), then go about things the complete opposite way. You wasted a lot of our time. It is a shame you went the route you did.
Exactly.... You probably have dozens of threads on rescues/breeds/etc... asking for plenty of advice and exchanging PMs with many members. I'm not one of the many that did, but SO many people here went out of their way to help you. I'm just speaking for myself, but it feels like on hell of a wild goose chase when instead clearly we should have been researching how to help you raise siblings, which. Please take PWCorgi's advice SERIOUSLY. Raising siblings is a big undertaking, and if you don't know what you're doing you could mess them both up.

I know I asked for a lot of help (and apparently took up yalls time when yall DID NOT have to help me), and I know I didn't go YALLS way on getting a dog. But I am happy with Nina and my dad is happy with Logan.
No, no one had to help you. But for a lot of us we feel like that is what this forum is for, and when someone outright asks for help, whether in a thread, PM, or in YIM, we feel like we should be giving it.

Dakotah, even if you feel like I am, please understand that I'm not flaming you. I'm just deeply disappointed and a bit disheartened, because now I'll be second-guessing your motives and wondering if you're actually taking our advice.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I don't know--just because someone asks for advice doesn't mean they have to follow it--it's not like Dakotah is living on her own and fully responsible for everything. Her Dad must be involved in some of this--for goodness sakes! When you give advice on a forum, don't expect it's going to be taken as gospel. give the advice if you feel like it--and let it go.
I don't see that Dakotah did anything but get really excited about lots of possibilities, and maybe all the info shared will have an impact on her later in her adult life. For now, lets let her enjoy her pups!!
Now, where are those pictures? :)

Dekka

Just try me..
I don't know--just because someone asks for advice doesn't mean they have to follow it--it's not like Dakotah is living on her own and fully responsible for everything. Her Dad must be involved in some of this--for goodness sakes! When you give advice on a forum, don't expect it's going to be taken as gospel. give the advice if you feel like it--and let it go.
I don't see that Dakotah did anything but get really excited about lots of possibilities, and maybe all the info shared will have an impact on her later in her adult life. For now, lets let her enjoy her pups!!
Now, where are those pictures? :)
You know that is exactly how I saw it. And I did spend LOTS of time giving Dak advice. And I don't feel any of it was wasted.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
holy batman and robin.
I leave for 3 days and come back to 3 extra pages on my thread, lol.
Well I was gone to my mom's house from friday night to tonight.
Poor dad had to pet-sit all weekend.

Pups are doing great.
Logan is a handful... and Nina is well not as much. haha

I will get pictures up asap. In the mean time; I must unpack my bags from this weekend, give Peanut some attention he REALLY needs, make sure Nina doesn't sleep to much (yes that was some funny sarcasm), and make sure Jet doens't lose her mind anymore than she already has. Oh Dad has Logan so thats why he is not on my to-do-list. HaHaHa

RD

Are you dead yet?
Can't wait to see photos, Dakotah! Glad Nina's not being too difficult for you ;)

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Can't wait to see photos, Dakotah! Glad Nina's not being too difficult for you ;)
haha I know.
Logan is being a handful.
My dad works for a construstion. This lady he works with has a son, and they were at a meeting where my dad was and my dad had Logan with him. That little boy fell in LOOOOOVE with Logan. My dad said the little boy BEGGED his mom for Logan. The lady ended up calling my dad over the weekend asking about Logan.... dad has a heart for kids :rolleyes:. But I'm not sure about my dad giving Logan to that little boy.

Nina is asleep on the couch with me... She is soooo lazy. :lol-sign:

haha I know.
Logan is being a handful.
My dad works for a construstion. This lady he works with has a son, and they were at a meeting where my dad was and my dad had Logan with him. That little boy fell in LOOOOOVE with Logan. My dad said the little boy BEGGED his mom for Logan. The lady ended up calling my dad over the weekend asking about Logan.... dad has a heart for kids :rolleyes:. But I'm not sure about my dad giving Logan to that little boy.

Nina is asleep on the couch with me... She is soooo lazy. :lol-sign:
I never ever ever advocate rehoming dogs.

However, if this little boys mom is really interested in a dog and is in it for the long haul... it would probably be best to let them take Logan.

This way you can focus on one dog right now.

Two 7 week old Littermates are going to be extremely difficult to raise and with minimal dog experience it may not be the best situation at this point.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Dakotah, I know it's your dad's choice ultimately, but I really think raising only one puppy at a time is a good idea.

Perhaps if your dad wants another puppy in a few months, one Nina is housetrained and settled in, that would even be better than raising littermates.

Either way, good luck

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I never ever ever advocate rehoming dogs.

However, if this little boys mom is really interested in a dog and is in it for the long haul... it would probably be best to let them take Logan.

This way you can focus on one dog right now.

Two 7 week old Littermates are going to be extremely difficult to raise and with minimal dog experience it may not be the best situation at this point.
I understand completely.
This lady hasn't had a dog in years and she thinks her son is old enough now to take "care" of a puppy, meaning she will teach him the responsibility about dogs. My dad said he knows this little boy will take care of the dog, with his mom's help of course.
My dad told me he was gonna talk to that lady tomorrow.
Thanks Poodlemommy. :D

Members online

No members online now.