Going to move the Fire Hydrant Forum

MeatyTreats

Administrator
I plan on moving the Fire Hydrant to a new section at the bottom. Right now it is in the dog forum news section and it has nothing to do with dogs or dog news 99% of the time.

This new forum will host other non-pet related forums that people have been asking for such as a photography.

Before everyone gets all up in arms, let's think about this for a second.

1. Right now it resides in the wrong section.
2. We aren't deleting it, just moving it.
3. It's literally 10 inches from where it was before.

So, I ask instead of flaming me, how about some constructive/creative thoughts for the following:

1. A name for the new section: "Other Fun Stuff" or "Everything Not Related to Pets" etc.
2. Some forums that we should add to go under the New Section like "Photography" or "Gardening" etc. If there is enough interest, we will create them.

:runs_and_hides:, :dodges_flames:, :runs_and_hides_some_more: :D

MT

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
I won't flame but I MUCH prefer it up top...if no news ever is posted (which I dispute since engagements, upcoming babies, job developments, etc ARE news for this forum and DO get posted regularly) then leave it up top and rename it. Move other stuff UP and increase the traffic. If things are NOT used simply get rid of them altogether.

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
Perhaps a Venting section as well, for those who aren't up to every thread being negative, or bad news can perhaps skip it or visit when they feel up to it, LOL.

scob89

DILLIGAF?
10 inches from where it was before? Yeh, I can put up with that just fine.

Once everyone gets used to it, all will be well. lol

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I'm not going to flame, but being the most active forum I do feel this fits at the top rather than the bottom. It's where a lot of members spend a lot of time posting, and moving it to the bottom is just going to cause unnecessary scrolling.

I've liked the changes you've implemented so far, I guess I just don't see the point of this one.

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
I agree, rename the section header to something else if you don't think News fits...but moving it seems a bit odd. It is by far the most hit section...is that bothersome or in some way not what you feel is warranted? I mean I know this is a dog forum...if you want the DOG stuff up top I guess I can see that... but man allll the way to the bottom?....harsh. lol.

CaliTerp07

I always just hit "new posts" anyways...it takes too long to click through 15 different sections!

So, no complaints for me!

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
Oh and IF you are intent on moving the section to EndsVille...can I request some sort of shortcut or "bottom" link to take us directly there? that would be very helpful....just like the "Top" one, down below?

MeatyTreats

Administrator
I agree, rename the section header to something else if you don't think News fits...but moving it seems a bit odd. It is by far the most hit section...is that bothersome or in some way not what you feel is warranted? I mean I know this is a dog forum...if you want the DOG stuff up top I guess I can see that... but man allll the way to the bottom?....harsh. lol.
Yep, it's a dog forum so renaming the section isn't really feasible. Also, new members need to see the Introductions, Announcements and Forum Help sections first.

If you want to prevent scrolling you could bookmark the "Fire Hydrant" thread and then it would take you to the bottom every time.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
IMO I would rather have the dog news at the bottom, and keep the Fire Hydrant and member intro's up top

Members online

No members online now.