The Venting Thread

You know you have a puppy....when you see pictures of puppies, or someone at work says, "ZOMG, go look at this cute puppy in the lobby!!!!" and you just go, "No. No puppy. Puppy's are annoying."

And my God, if this creature climbs over, under, beneath, or on top of ONE MORE THING THAT HE SHOULD NOT I am going to kill him. Or possibly feed him cans, because he thinks he is a GOAT.

Gah. Puppy.

At least he's cute. But don't get him wet or feed him after midnight. Then you're in for a world of pain.
What's ridiculous is I'm starting to look back on those days fondly. Sometimes I'm lost in a dream state for minutes at a time before my brain reminds me NO NO DON'T YOU REMEMBER WHAT AN A-HOLE HE WAS?!?? :p

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
What's ridiculous is I'm starting to look back on those days fondly. Sometimes I'm lost in a dream state for minutes at a time before my brain reminds me NO NO DON'T YOU REMEMBER WHAT AN A-HOLE HE WAS?!?? :p
He just dumped the water dish all over the kitchen and is now splashing in it.

... ... ... ... ... ... :thumbdown:

I shall let you borrow him to remind you that you don't want a puppy, yes? LOL (Seriously, he is a good puppy. I'm just ready for him to be, oh, around two years old?)

ETA: Perfect puppy solution! Since he wanted to play in water so badly, I just stuck him outside in the rain. He is having a blast (weird dog) and I don't have to worry about him dumping the water everywhere! Whoot!

FG167

I shall let you borrow him to remind you that you don't want a puppy, yes? LOL (Seriously, he is a good puppy. I'm just ready for him to be, oh, around two years old?)

ETA: Perfect puppy solution! Since he wanted to play in water so badly, I just stuck him outside in the rain. He is having a blast (weird dog) and I don't have to worry about him dumping the water everywhere! Whoot!
He seriously sounds awesome :)

My vent: Today on my tracking shift I sweat all the way through my sports bra and two shirts. I don't really consider myself a sweaty person but dang.

I also collected 10 ticks...3 were embedded, 2 hurt enough when they were trying that I found them and removed them before they could (one I almost drove off the road getting to!), the rest were just...crawling around. Ick.

Awww, poor puppy, lol. Poor abused puppy. No, I don't want him. I just got over having a baby puppy. An almost 10 month old puppy that stole one of my sandals and now it is full of love nibbles

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
He seriously sounds awesome :)

My vent: Today on my tracking shift I sweat all the way through my sports bra and two shirts. I don't really consider myself a sweaty person but dang.

I also collected 10 ticks...3 were embedded, 2 hurt enough when they were trying that I found them and removed them before they could (one I almost drove off the road getting to!), the rest were just...crawling around. Ick.
I am appreciating where I live right now.

FG167

Oh me too! skin crawling.
They're TEENY too. 2 of them I thought were moles *sigh* must remember where all my moles are in the future. The one I drove off the road getting to was in the waist band of my pants, the tender area right above my panties...I FELT IT TRYING TO EMBED IT'S HEAD. So much ew...plus, once I start finding them, every itch, every drop of sweat sliding, every time my hair moves in the breeze I'm thinking TICKS ARE ON ME EVERYWHERE.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew

Well you did get a Chessie. ;)

My vent. Hospital is not fun. Father in law hurt is not fun. Up all night is not fun. Calling off work tomorrow is not fun.

Oko

Silence, peasants.

Wait, are you telling me they grow out of this??

:p

Saeleofu

I went to get my oil changed today because I'm too lazy to do it myself. They couldn't, my oil is too thick. So now apparently I have to put some sort of flush stuff in my engine to loosen up the gross nasty oil. It really hasn't been THAT long since I changed my oil...maybe 5000 miles? This is gross and ridiculous. The oil last time I changed it WAS thick and gross, but not...solid. Maybe I should have flushed it that time and it wouldn't be this way already.

That, however, does explain why my low oil pressure light as been on briefly over the last few days.

Then the oil guy and I exchanged old beater car woes lol.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I wear my seatbelt ALWAYS!!! Hannah won't let me get away with it anyway but it's mostly just habit...

But I do speed. 3,4,5 up to 9 miles above speed limit.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Sael, you really do want to chance your oil every 3000 miles unless you're springing for the synthetic stuff, especially in an older car! Otherwise that's how you seize your engine and blow it up. :(

Also, this is what a good chunk of my state looks like right now and they're not sure how bad it's going to get before it's over. The weather is conspiring against us and the fires are just eating up all the dead pine. Which, from a long view is a good thing, but right now and for the people, it's devastating. It's also creating a nightmare for the livestock owners, as most of the temporary sanctuaries/pasturage they were moved to are now being involved in fires of their own.

Last edited:

DJEtzel

I went to get my oil changed today because I'm too lazy to do it myself. They couldn't, my oil is too thick. So now apparently I have to put some sort of flush stuff in my engine to loosen up the gross nasty oil. It really hasn't been THAT long since I changed my oil...maybe 5000 miles? This is gross and ridiculous. The oil last time I changed it WAS thick and gross, but not...solid. Maybe I should have flushed it that time and it wouldn't be this way already.

That, however, does explain why my low oil pressure light as been on briefly over the last few days.

Then the oil guy and I exchanged old beater car woes lol.
I had to learn the lesson on how to care for my car...

But I never made my oil so solid that I couldn't drain it! That's really weird to me, but I don't know a lot about cars... I know I went a lot more thousand miles than you did between my first few oil changes. :/

DJEtzel

People really make me sick. Earlier this week I heard about a 6 month old female being raped and strangled by her mom's boyfriend after her mom gave him permission.

Tonight, we find out one of our members has been arrested and is in jail on charges from the FBI for having/uploading pictures of children bound and restrained to YouTube.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/loca...e_creek/kzoo-man-charged-with-child-abuse-csc

This guy always creeped us out, too. Do you know how many times I've been completely alone with him in the office, and the uncomfortable things he's said to my co-worker and I? Gives me goosebumps. You never really know someone or can trust them. I feel bad for his boxer. :(

Saeleofu

I had to learn the lesson on how to care for my car...

But I never made my oil so solid that I couldn't drain it! That's really weird to me, but I don't know a lot about cars... I know I went a lot more thousand miles than you did between my first few oil changes. :/
I come from a family where nobody ever cared for their cars properly. Most of the stuff I know I learned from the internets because of my Caliber, which had 3456578765 problems. Actually, I let my Caliber go 40k+ miles and it didn't have a bit of sludge...but it was also full synthetic (I didn't let it go that long again!).

I have NO history on this car, other than it has a ton of problems and I've had it for nearly a year. I know the oil was changed no more than 5000 miles ago with semi-synthetic, possibly less (I don't drive it much...because it has problems...mostly just to and from work). I do know the oil was disgusting last time because I did it myself. It didn't even look like oil. I have no idea how long it wasn't changed before that. I think there were definitely leftovers from the last time that made this one worse.

FWIW, I put the oil treatment stuff in it a bit ago, and...it sounds AMAZING. As in...I can't hear it, really, I actually questioned whether my car had actually started. And this has always been a noisy car. It's also always had a 3rd cylinder misfire, and...it's still there, but MUCH improved (changing spark plugs, plug wires, and ignition coils made no difference). Except now my cooling system is making noise, which would worry me if I hadn't heard the exact same noise last time I opened the pressure release latch on my radiator cap. I think I need a new radiator cap again, since pressing down on it quiets it >.< (at least those are dirt cheap!). And I'm now 99% sure I know where my cooling system is leaking from...the bloody overflow reservoir! This is after replacing the radiator (which was in fact leaking), radiator cap (also leaking), hoses (one burst), etc.

At least I now have PURPLE duct tape keeping my windows up, instead of gray! :rofl1:

They're TEENY too. 2 of them I thought were moles *sigh* must remember where all my moles are in the future. The one I drove off the road getting to was in the waist band of my pants, the tender area right above my panties...I FELT IT TRYING TO EMBED IT'S HEAD. So much ew...plus, once I start finding them, every itch, every drop of sweat sliding, every time my hair moves in the breeze I'm thinking TICKS ARE ON ME EVERYWHERE.
HEEBIE JEEBIES!

Nope I will take 6 months of winter, with the days or weeks of -40 to not have to deal with ticks, fleas, heartworm or unmentioned poisonous bity things :yikes:

noludoru

Bored Now.
I stay because I like the DOG related discussions on here, that is all. I usually don post in the OT section but there are times I am compelled to do so.

But I am not going goblet the fact that my bluntness offends others keep me away. Regardless of what you might think of me I am a good person who takes GREAT care of my: animals, SO, friends, & family.
And yet, you stay here where you're convinced we are all mean, nasty, bitches who pick on you without a good reason?

Like I have said before, issues.

You've got to be kidding me.

Although maybe "delusional" would more apt.
I just want to ditto these. You don't like discussions or debates - you like to vomit out the same rhetoric repeatedly until you get the desired response so you can run away and play the victim card.

No one likes you on this forum. The only people who have defended you are the people on here who don't like us "picking on you." If someone doesn't ban you soon I may actually have to post a "should we vote dogdragoness off the island" poll just so that you can see exactly what this forum thinks about you.

FWIW, we've had some really annoying, awful trolls before, but I don't think we've had any who 10+ members have repeatedly asked to leave.

Members online