The Good News thread

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
They took the rain out of today's forecast so I might actually be able to get to my house after the gym, mow my lawn, and throw out grass seed! As long as we don't get any pop-up storms like yesterday I should be good.

Also MY CAR IS AT THE SHOP FINALLY GETTING FIXED.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Just entered Fred into an open show in July :D

It will be his second ever show, and he got 1st and 2nd in his classes last time (at a champ show too) so hoping we place somewhere!!

Also got a champ show on the horizon for August, just not sure which classes I'm meant to enter lol

Exccciiiiited. Had to withdraw him from the ones I had entered before his op.

He qualified for crufts at his first show, so it everything goes well we might actually be going next year!

Light at the end of the tunnel.....?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Well, Mike's back.

They didn't care about his hearing loss, they didn't care about the arthritis in his hip, they didn't care about his missing pec...they care that he is allergic to sulfas. Really?!?

He passed everything else with a few hiccups here and there (let's just say his duck walk wouldn't have allowed him to pass if he wanted to be a Seal LOL). So, now we get to wait for them to either approve a waiver for his allergy, or not. So, it's a 50/50 chance...that we get to wait 2-4 weeks for. Fun fun.

If he gets the waiver, he'll go back down and see if the job he wants is available. If it is, he'll sign up and swear in. If its not, then that's it.

So, more waiting...but it is a good waiting this time, I think. I'm much more comfortable with everything.

Taqroy

They didn't care about his hearing loss, they didn't care about the arthritis in his hip, they didn't care about his missing pec...they care that he is allergic to sulfas. Really?!?
Wait, what branch? My brother is allergic to sulfa drugs too and the AF didn't care at all. I thought it was a pretty common allergy actually. :confused:

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Well, I made an executive decision and just booked us flights for a week in France in August!

Bit random, but my bro is over from china with my nephew and they're all off to my parents house there so screw it! Even if the other half can't go in the end (the deceased aren't very good at acknowledging holidays), I'm going :)

Yay!!!

And Fred swims happily now!! Still like a steam paddle boat, but willingly on his own. First hydrotherapy session is Friday!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
My review went pretty awesome today and I got a raise! :) And vacation days! Which I wasn't supposed to get any of until I had been there a year, so that's pretty cool.

Locke

Got the go ahead from the BF to put in an application for a standard poodle. He's almost 2 years old, house trained, good with other dogs and loves kids. His foster mom says he's a cuddle bug.

I haven't talked to the BIL yet, so it might not happen, but at least I tried.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I got a free unexpected ticket to the Moore benefit concert. Should be fun!

I had to LOL at the lineup. All these country artists and then... Usher.

Members online

No members online now.