How old were your dogs when you joined?

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
... and how old are they now?

Rylie was a little over a year old when I joined! She's 7 years old now.

Chloe was an 8 month old puppy. She turns 7 next month.

Tucker was -3, Rory was -3, and Emma was -5.

It's so crazy to think about how so many of our dogs grew up on here... and how far up in age they're getting.

ACooper

Phoebe was estimated at about 9 months-a year old.....she was with us until she was about 13....so the last 6-ish years she as a 'chaz dog'

Orson was 3-4 months old, he is now 6 1/2 (be 7 in April) so he's pretty much grown up here....I joined in Jan 2007, he came to us in July 06...so we had him about 5 months before I found Chaz and that made him 8-9 months old.

Wow....

How the time flies :(

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Phoebe was estimated at about a year.....she was with us until she was about 13....so the last 6-ish years she as a 'chaz dog'

Orson was 3-4 months old, he is now 6 1/2 (be 7 in April) so he's pretty much grown up here....I joined in Jan 2007, he came to us in July 06...so we had him about 5 months before I found Chaz and that made him 8-9 months old.

Wow....

I know :(

I remember when Orson was a puppy. It's SO hard to believe he's almost 7.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Ozzy was 14 months old and now he's 6. As for the rest I can't math it, but Enzo we got at nine months old and she'll be 5 this February. The others weren't even a wicked gleam in their daddies eyes lol

ACooper

And I would like to add........I've 'grown up' here as well. By that I mean my dog care skills, food, behavior, etc.

I wasn't a 'bad owner' before chaz, I still thought of myself as a very good pet owner........I went out of my way for their comfort, STILL did better than at least 90% of my friends, but the knowledge I've absorbed here has made me an even BETTER pet owner :)

Sorry if that's too OT, LOL Thinking back to when I first joined Chaz got me thinking about the above as well.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I think my "join date" is misleading since I didn't start posting til a while after that IIRC. Mira was about a year old, Kim & Webby would've been about 3-3.5 yrs. Macadamia Nut, temporary though she may be, did not exist yet. Current ages are in my siggy. My forum switch was a rather gradual thing.

I joined in 07 which would have made blaze 4.5 years old now he is 9.5 years old. Solo is 2 so he grew up here

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Cheyanne was either 10 or had just passed away already at 10 of cancer. She was my aussie/acd mix.

Bamm was probably around a year or something I think, but I didn't adopt him until I had been on the forum for a little bit.

Cricket and Joey weren't born yet.

Cricket is the only dog of mine that started off on Chaz in puppyhood back when Grace was fostering her in Mexico.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Seven months not-born. :D

I came here to get help looking for breeders, and found out it was the very forum my friend Beanie was asking for assistance FOR me.

Seven months later, Finnegan was born!

He's now just recently turned four.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
And I would like to add........I've 'grown up' here as well. By that I mean my dog care skills, food, behavior, etc.

I wasn't a 'bad owner' before chaz, I still thought of myself as a very good pet owner........I went out of my way for their comfort, STILL did better than at least 90% of my friends, but the knowledge I've absorbed here has made me an even BETTER pet owner :)

Sorry if that's too OT, LOL Thinking back to when I first joined Chaz got me thinking about the above as well.
I was on a Chinchilla forum, and then a Chihuahua forum before joining Chaz. I learned about dog food from my Chinchilla forum, and my dogs were started off on high quality brands pretty much from the beginning (Rylie was on Innova from the time we brought her home). I have learned a TON from dog forums.

Before joining my Chihuahua forum, I didn't really know about BYBs, breed standards, puppy mills, training, etc. I learned how to seek out a good breeder (how I ended up with Rylie) and I'm SO appreciative of the vast amount of knowledge I've received from forums!

I joined before Raja was born, and she's five now. The rest of mine have grown up here. Sizzle helped to name Tempie. Boone... Well, he's young enough that most of you still remember that funny looking little puppy coming home.

And I would like to add........I've 'grown up' here as well.
This. I was young and immature and thought I knew a whole lot more than I did. Fortunately, I stuck around and learned just how wrong I was.

Last edited:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Auggie was, uh. *counts on fingers* Six months and two days old when I joined.
If I had joined one day earlier I would have joined on what would later be Payton's birthday. XD
He is seven now.

Happy and Kota were around then. Happy was 5 and Kota, best guess maybe 8 or 9 at the time? Of course they are both gone now. =<

Pepper and Payton didn't exist then... I'm not even sure their parents existed then. I forget how old their dads are haha.

Well, technically I've been here since 2005, when our Cavalier, Quincy, was just two years old. He left us this past summer at the age of nine. I took a little five year break and rejoined (under a different handle because I couldn't remember my password for the old one, or for the email I used (and I call my dog a derp?)). In that time we've adopted four greyhounds (lost one, gained another) and they were five, nine, and thirteen when I rejoined... three months ago.

:)

noludoru

Bored Now.

Wow....

Middie will be 7 in April as well. I didn't have him until he was a year+, though.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Harry was five and Grant was eight. Stan was -2.5.

Harry died two years later. Grant will be 12 this spring. Stan is 13 months.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
I joined oct of 2009... So Daisy was 9, Liz had just turned 6, and Rage was 2 but I didn't own her yet...

Members online

No members online now.