Stopping the licking

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
When Zeus plays with my year-old niece, Sierra, he feels it is his duty to wash her face with his tongue. Sierra loves it, and her mom and I don't mind, but it drives grandma crazy.

How do we get him to stop? Sierra loves her "Ooosh" (she can't say Zeus yet, LoL), and gets very upset whenever someone tries to stop the licking or lure him away from her. We tried telling Zeus "no" last time, and Sierra burst into a fit of wailing. Any ideas?

oriondw

user not active
Believe it or not licking other dogs face is dog trying to be submissive to the other dog.

Seriously, I think it'd be easier to train grandma not to mind it then to teach zeus to stop it :)

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
The problem has been solved. Last night, Zeus washed Sierra's face. Before Grandma or I could say anything, Sierra reached up and flung her arms around Zeus' neck (he's taller than she is) and preceded to return the favor and lick his neck with her tongue.

Grandma gave up.

angie0923

Licking

oriondw said:
Believe it or not licking other dogs face is dog trying to be submissive to the other dog.

Seriously, I think it'd be easier to train grandma not to mind it then to teach zeus to stop it :)
Is it really a sign of submission. Who wants who to submit? The Lickee or the Licker? Funny.

Members online

No members online now.