Dobermans

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
I very much admire the breed.

Care to share your favorite aspect of the breed and your favorite breeders? :D

Q734

Hi :)
I'm on my second dobe. My absolute favorite thing about them, I've found both to have a great sense of humor, meaning, if they see that something they've done or are doing is funny, they get all excited and love to hear you laugh and if they can figure out what it is that made you laugh, will do it again.
Our girl at the moment has developed a "peekaboo" game w/us in the backyard, running circles around us and going back & forth behind the shed. The object of the game morphed into her buzzing almost near hitting me, w/the object of the game her seeing if I can touch her butt while she buzzes past me @dobie mach 1. lol

She gets me laughing hysterically like a witch. My neighbors must think I'm crazy.

I love the mix of serious and gorgeous, loving clowns.

From a beauty and responsible breeding perspective I like a lot of Foxfires, Wingates, and Promise/Olympia dogs.
There are more I'm sure who don't keep websites but are more word of mouth.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
With all the dobe owner's, I'm really surprised no one is talking about their breed.....

milos_mommy

No a dobe owner, but i do love the breed, and Bruda lines have got to be one of my favorites. Dobes seem to be getting thinner and thinner, and i like a somewhat thicker dobe.

I'd really like to own one one day.

ACooper

I think Q nailed it with the sense of humor. THAT is probably my favorite thing about Orson, and my boy that I had years ago.

I have never owned a female, only been around a few.........and it seems to me that the males are bigger clowns and stay that way for most if not all their life.

They can be all business with people that are not in the 'inner circle' of their life.......but to those they love, they take it upon themselves to love, protect, and entertain. I think Orson looks at Kevin and I as him owning US more than the other way around :)

I love his strong will, but sometimes it's very trying on my patience. Since you have a Fila, you understand some of that stubborness. Make no mistake, if you don't lead THEM........THEY WILL attempt to lead YOU :D

Highly intelligent, very loyal, loving.........sleek, handsome, SILLY GOOFBALLS! I think that sums it up! LOL

Giny

I had a dobe a while back, over 15 years now, and he was a sweety. He was quite the cuddle bug and needed to be under the covers every night. lol

Q734

Dobes seem to be getting thinner and thinner, and i like a somewhat thicker dobe.

Lots of dogs finish young in their win shots and may look more lith in pics than they fill out to be as adults.
A 75-85lb dog is not a dainty thing :)

doberkim

Naturally Natural
I love my dogs and my dobes are better than everyone elses :) I love my dogs minds the best - they think, have great senses of humor, they are very intuitive, and sense things that none of my other dogs have ever sensed - my moods, my wants, needs, etc.

My favorite breeders are a lot different than other what other people would want in a favorite breeder, so it's hard to say my recommendations would be BETTER than someone elses (of course I think they are :) ) - my breeder recommendations are breeders that focus more on the working aspect of the breed, because I personally believe that the doberman needs to be preserved as a working breed. I enjoy the breed as such, and focus on it personally, and prefer to look at breeders who strive to include that nature in their breeding program, so my favorite breeders would reflect that, which may not necessarily be the reflection in other breeders recommended by other members on this board.

My ideal breeders health test thoroughly, have dogs that meet standard structure wise, have good stable temperaments (keep in mind, I do not believe that a good proper doberman IS like a golden retriever!), and are out there actively working their dogs and enjoying their working nature. I of course love my breeder (Beja), and there are some other good breeders out there that focus on all aspects of the breed I consider important (health, working ability, structure and temperament) - not just one or two facets.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I didn't see this earlier BP, but I'd have to say that I love Rumor's sense of humor. She's captivating to watch when she's being "serious," but she can almost always make me laugh. Her exuberant happy dance she performs when I come home always puts a smile on my face as well.

While it can be trying at times, I do have to say I love her intelligence. When I say no, you can see her little brain start to work. "Well, she may have said no, but I know there must be some sort of loophole I can find..."

doberkim

Naturally Natural
Yup - for a dobe, no is never the final answer. No is more of a suggestion. Temporary at best.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
I didn't see this earlier BP, but I'd have to say that I love Rumor's sense of humor. She's captivating to watch when she's being "serious," but she can almost always make me laugh. Her exuberant happy dance she performs when I come home always puts a smile on my face as well.

While it can be trying at times, I do have to say I love her intelligence. When I say no, you can see her little brain start to work. "Well, she may have said no, but I know there must be some sort of loophole I can find..."
This is so funny to me- Bella does this as well. They sound great. :D

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Well Jazz is my first but I will never not have one (or 3 lol). They can take a while to warm up to strangers. Not being agressive just not lab likd. Once they know the person they can be verry friendly. Jazz actualy smiles and has done it to a judge once. lol. They want to please but at the same time can be a tad stuborn. most are velcro dogs. were u are they are. what i dont like about the dobes now days is lack of substance. jazz has her faults but i love her bone

Members online

No members online now.