anyone know what kind of dog is in the new beneful dog commercial?

Hello, I am a dog lover, in between pets now, an old pal passed away three years ago, and I am finally ready to get a puppy.

I absolutely adore that dog in the new Beneful dog food commercial. Does any one know what kind of dog he is? I love that dog! Is he a terrier? Or terrier mix do you think?

THinking of getting a puppy, maybe a Benji type, or Shih Tzu. I love the cute, fur ball, scruffy look of a dog. I saw some awesome teddybears.

I have had large breeds in the past, Norwegian Elkhound, and SHepherd mixes. But I have an 8 year old and want something smaller now.
any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dee

RD

Are you dead yet?
He does look like a Jack Russell mix but PLEASE think long and hard before getting a dog like a JRT. They aren't for everybody. :)

Do you mean the one on the commercial or the one on the Beneful plastic container?

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Check out www.petfinder.com !! You can literally find a dog of any personality/appearance/age on Petfinder, and they are all good pups looking for good homes. It's where I found my Fozzie. Most people that meet him are amazed that we found such a sweet, precious, well-behaved puppy in rescue...but there are countless beautiful dogs out there waiting for a loving home.

Besides that, getting a dog based solely on appearance is not a wise choice, I'm guessing you are just curious about the breed though. I have no idea which dog you're talking about, as I strongly feel that Beneful is one of the poorest quality & most deceptive kibbles on the market =/ so I can't say I pay any attention to their ads.

Anyway - if you are talking about the one on the container - that is definitely a briard. :) NOT for everybody...I agree, please look into adopting. The one on the commercial was most likely a mix, anyway. :)

T

tessa_s212

A hyper-active dog such as the JRT, or most other terriers, probably wouldn't be the best idea for an 8 year old. In fact, small dogs are never a good idea for small children. THe smaller the dog, the more easily a child could hurt it.

Would you consider a more medium-sized dog?

bubbatd said:
The smaller the dog , the more chance the child could get hurt !
If she is extensively socialized as a pup (all pups should be!), lives in nice conditions, and has non-aggressive parents than that is certainly not true! ;)

bubbatd

MK&C ....it does depend on the breed and socializing...I agree. Same with big dogs. But small dogs do tend to be more snappy.

Giny

bubbatd said:
The smaller the dog , the more chance the child could get hurt !
I think it would be the other way around. The smaller the dog the more chance the dog would get hurt with a young child. That's why most breeders of small dogs will not let them in a home with a child under a certain age. Some young children are great with small dogs but in most cases they are a bit to rambunctious for little dogs. True, a poorly socialized small dog can bit nipper, the same can be said with a bigger dog. No more no less. :)

bubbatd said:
MK&C ....it does depend on the breed and socializing...I agree. Same with big dogs. But small dogs do tend to be more snappy.
They're more sensitive to pain than larger dogs, so if a child accidently hurts the dog then the dog MIGHT snap, but I don't consider them to be more snappy. I do agree though, big dogs are a bit better for households with young children. :)

Mordy

Quigleyfied
MK&C said:
They're more sensitive to pain than larger dogs
That really depends on the breed. Not all small dogs are delicate or particularly sensitive to pain. Many of them were bred to be quite sturdy for various jobs they had to do.

To the OP: If you want a cute, scrappy looking dog with a more mellow temperament than a Jack Russell, look into a Border Terrier. They are small dogs but very hardy and more biddable than most other terrier breeds.

If wanting a smaller type dog I would recommend a Brussels Griffon. They are one of the only small breeds recommended for small children.

dog in Beneful commercial

WOw, thanks for all of the replies. THe commercial I am talking about is the one where the dark haired guy is feeding his dog in the kitchen, the dog is adorable, white and dark brown , long haired, I think a mixed silky terrier breed? Not a jack russel, this dog is a medium to large breed dog.
No, I am not getting a dog strictly on appearance. I want a dog that is 35 pounds or less, that is good with children, I have an 8 year old. My dream dog is to have a dog just like Benji. I grew up loving that dog and he seemed like the dog I would always want. I am perfectly happy with a mixed breed. I prefer a pup, but would definitely go to the shelter, as I have. It seems my local shelter only has pit bulls all the time.

I should have explained myself a little clearer about the size of the dog.
Dee

Is it the one where the guy says 'Soooo happy!' to the dog (hah sorry I can't remember the rest)? If that's the commercial your talking about it's a Border Collie. :) They are NOT for everybody. It would look similar to this:

Members online