Future Names?

TahlzK

My future SBT sha'll be named Di' Sadlo or Rikarlo if it's a male.

I don't write down or think about future dog names because I just let them come to me when I see the dog. The two names above though, I've liked for a while.

Locke

Are people really concerned with having the same named dog as someone else on a forum??

Equinox

Are people really concerned with having the same named dog as someone else on a forum??
I don't really think that's the case - the whole business with naming dogs to me can be pretty funny. I've had my entire life to think of awesome, badass names to give me dog, but only a few weeks before bringing him home I change it to a name I only thought of on whim and decided "yeah, it kinda fits".

Since I'm the type of person who really does want a name to at least feel right with the dog, I refuse to make such a commitment by putting the name down in writing and acknowledging it :p

I wish my ideas were cool enough for someone to want to copy ;)

mrose_s

BusterLove
Quinn's name was picked out years in advance, I wanted to make sure it fit her when I got her but it absolutley did so that was easy.
Next BC will be male. If he is more of an old soul he will be "Grady", if he is more of a spaz he will be "Tantrum" but the way I am leaning, I will want a Tantrum. I also like "Sonny" for a boy, "Kimmy" for a girl. Quinn would have been a great Kimmy.

Male Kelpie will be "Kevvie", female will be "Wanda"

"Miro" will be my blue greyhound boy. lol

I also like "Monroe" for a girl. Possibly my Mal. lol

I lovvve picking out names for future dogs.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Before we got Quinn and I was leaning GSD, I wanted to name a male GSD Kipling. I had a GSD named Akela (after the wolf in The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling) who was my heart dog so I wanted something related.

Right now I'm 99% sure my next dog (male ES) will be named Rooster. Quinn is named after a very successful cutting horse, so I wanted to follow theme. I've always loved Gallo Del Cielo, an AQHA stallion, and Rooster is his barn name.

I have some other names in mind for future use, most of them from horses :)

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Right now I'm 99% sure my next dog (male ES) will be named Rooster. Quinn is named after a very successful cutting horse, so I wanted to follow theme. I've always loved Gallo Del Cielo, an AQHA stallion, and Rooster is his barn name.

I have some other names in mind for future use, most of them from horses :)
Rooster is what I will be naming my first Mustang gelding. I've had it picked out for years. :)

I have a name picked out for a male Koolie pup (from Traveler), which is HitchHiker, Hitch for short...

And then for a male ACD, ACDx, or possibly even Aussie if he is velcro... will be Skoal. A male ES or BC would be LeDoux...

I have none for females... I had a hard enough time coming up with a name for Harlow, and then I wanted to change it a million times. I'm glad now that I kept it, as it does fit her well...

Some of you guys think up of cool names!

I suck at thinking of female names. It is just so hard, in my opinion. But then again I prefer male dogs so... I don't even really need that many female names! :)

Members online

No members online now.