Horses at play....

Spiritus

I didn't get to obedience class due to the weather, so I went outside with the camera.... I was going to take pictures of dogs, but then, something caught my attention....

Khadin, my part arab foal, has a buddy over for the winter (grey QH).... and thank goodness, or else he'd want to play with me. Here you go, horses at play... around noon today I was outside with them in a t-shirt.... this time I had a parka on.

And Khadin, 8 months old.

BostonBanker

They are so cute together! It amazes me that horses don't kill each other when they are body-slamming like that!

Don't you love it when they get all their biting/wrestling/playing out of their systems with another horse, so they can be polite around you? The barn I work at requires all the horses to be on private turnout, and they are the mouthiest, most obnoxious bunch I've ever met:rolleyes: .

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Don't you love it when they get all their biting/wrestling/playing out of their systems with another horse, so they can be polite around you? The barn I work at requires all the horses to be on private turnout, and they are the mouthiest, most obnoxious bunch I've ever met:rolleyes: .
I hear ya! I find the worst offenders are usually ponies... Sorry pony owners, but they are! ;) You only have to look at the horribly bratty way that my Shetland bullies Gavotte my mare to realise this! Luckily Gavotte can out trot La La even when she is at a flat gallop.. It's too funny for words.

He's a handsome little Devil is Khadin.. Gotta love Arab crosses!

I love watching them messing around. It's one thing I miss from hanging out at the barn, the chance to see them when they're first turned out, when the younger ones go leaping around showing off to their pasture buddies before everyone settles down to graze.

ed. to add: Beautiful photos! Falling snow, though, brrrr....

Members online