Petfinder find: Tri-color pit bull (mix)

Miakoda

The sheer number of pit bulls makes my heart break. Easily 50% of all the dogs for adoption in Louisiana are "pit bulls", if not more. :(

Wow, he has the head of a Pit but such an unusual color for a Pit. Looks more like the coloring of a Beagle. He is really striking.

ACooper

A very cool looking mix! Definitely makes her appear to be hound x pit (whether true or not, LOL)

The sheer number of pit bulls makes my heart break. Easily 50% of all the dogs for adoption in Louisiana are "pit bulls", if not more. :(
The same is true up here as well Mia (N. Indiana)

Whether you look on CL, the news papers, bulletin boards, or the HS/Pounds..........the majority I see are 'pit bulls' and mixes there of :( Not only that, I've yet to skim through any pet sections without seeing a fresh batch of BYB 'pit bull' pups being sold (which of course explains all the older ones for adoption constantly) :(

Miakoda

Interesting. The dog looks very much like a pit bull, but I didn't think that pattern existed in pit bulls. Huh.
That was my thought. I have a couple friends who have mainly Sorrel dogs, so I'm used to typical black & tan markings with white, but I've never seen such an expression as the one above. And I'm just not seeing any Beagle influence. I suppose I'd believe the dog would have a greater chance of having Running Walker Hound or American Foxhound in its line, as those are two somewhat common breeds here, especially the former. But I dunno.

I inquired about her, and I'm just waiting to hear back.

Oh wow! She is just stunning!

For you genetics people. What makes her pattern different from a normal Black and Tan with white APBT? The high tan marks? Or the saddle? Sorry, I'm not much versed in the correct terms.

Miakoda

Oh wow! She is just stunning!

For you genetics people. What makes her pattern different from a normal Black and Tan with white APBT? The high tan marks? Or the saddle? Sorry, I'm not much versed in the correct terms.
The amount of white in proportion to the black and brown, as well as the saddle. There's a very good chance, based on where I live, that the dog is a street-bred byb mix. It seems the "Beagle" part is just a guess by those who have the dog at this moment, and it comes from her coloration.

The amount of white in proportion to the black and brown, as well as the saddle. There's a very good chance, based on where I live, that the dog is a street-bred byb mix. It seems the "Beagle" part is just a guess by those who have the dog at this moment, and it comes from her coloration.
Thank you for the info.

Pops2

That was my thought. I have a couple friends who have mainly Sorrel dogs, so I'm used to typical black & tan markings with white, but I've never seen such an expression as the one above. And I'm just not seeing any Beagle influence. I suppose I'd believe the dog would have a greater chance of having Running Walker Hound or American Foxhound in its line, as those are two somewhat common breeds here, especially the former. But I dunno.

I inquired about her, and I'm just waiting to hear back.
Running Walker IS American foxhound.

Members online