The Venting Thread

joce

We know there are issues with the house we have under contract. Garage is screwed up. Figure it won't pass inspection but were going to see anyway.

Realtor called husband today while I could not get to the phone and tried to fax him an addendum to the contract that he said needed signed right away(and told him to initial it for me,it is only my name on the loan and contract)or they would stop our contract.

Well luckily he read the papers. They were inspection papers that said for the age of the roof it is in bad shape. next one said they did a septic inspection and it failed. These papers were from september 2012. I NEVER would have signed any papers on this house if they would have had those papers with the initial contract. So now the they will pull contract just seems like it was a threat from our realtor to get chaz to sign quickly. So we pay 300 for home inspection and I don't know how much for the septic or we loose the money down(which thankfully with this foreclosure its only 1,000 because of the program and not the thousands we have given a check for for others).

They did this on purpose. Inspection is scheduled for Thursday am and they pull this now?! Its been weeks since we signed the initial paperwork and they were dragging their feet to turn on utilities for inspection. If they try to hold my money I am going to throw the biggest fit. I would rather loose a grand than have to buy this place but they are soooo out of line! And I will get it back. I have money to blow!!!!

Sorry for the huge rant, just had to get that out.

joce

Ughhh that sucks. Buying a house was so darn stressful. Sorry you're going through it.
Worst experience ever! Rare for homes we like to come up and his one was promising. It's not even that old and from reports in worse shape than ours built in the 70s! It's been years. I can keep waiting. Ugh.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Um. My weather app says we are supposed to get 13 INCHES OF SNOW by Thursday. It is practically mid-April. This is COMPLETELY NOT OKAY.

I love snow, but there does come a point where it's just time to move forward with the other seasons. I was looking forward to spending Thursday outside playing with the dogs but yeah, I don't think me or Juno will appreciate the weather. grumblegrumble.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
HA it was almost 90 degrees today ;)

Vent: my mom is sick, she has an agreement with my aunts that they will each split up the care of my ailing grandmother btw the 4 of them, 2 weeks each ... Now she is sick & since my grandmother who is on chemo & can't be around any sickness & my mothers shift is supposed to start this Saturday.

She has taken shifts for my aunts in the past but they are being total bitches about it ... She hasnt asked for them to take an extra shift but I know they will come up with a bunch of lame excuses on why they can't even though she has taken double & even triple shifts in the past for them when they were ill or my uncles were ill.

kaykay21

herder brain & drool face
My **** sister put Jayson and laika in crates with freaking training collars on.. She knows they don't wear collars in the house especially in the crates. Let alone training collars. Im rethinking letting her watch them while im at school or work!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Come down to my neck of the woods ... Right now at 12:30 am it's 75 degrees outside ... We have the windows to our house open right now :D

I keep trying to push the warm air northward ... But old man winter keeps shoving it back down here (hince the wind we've been getting I guess), he's too strong for me that wintery ******* ... I can't fight him.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Sitting here watching my roommate's dog shake like a leaf and drool because of a thunderstorm. :( I hate it, he's so scared and it's awful to watch. I gave him one his Xanax and I really hope it helps. Cuz this is miserable.

In other news, I have some vile headache that runs all the way from between my shoulder blades, up my neck, and all over my head. And I'm in a horrible mood.

Yaaaaaaaay.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Sitting here watching my roommate's dog shake like a leaf and drool because of a thunderstorm. :( I hate it, he's so scared and it's awful to watch. I gave him one his Xanax and I really hope it helps. Cuz this is miserable.

In other news, I have some vile headache that runs all the way from between my shoulder blades, up my neck, and all over my head. And I'm in a horrible mood.

Yaaaaaaaay.
Ugh, I SO don't miss having a dog that is scared of storms. Cynder, Cooper, and Gracie could all care less. Storms, fireworks, gunshots...they don't care.

Chloe works herself up into such a tizzy, I'm scared she's going to give herself a heart attack. She pants, whines, paces, shakes, her eyes dilate, I'm sure her temperature skyrockets due to the stress...if she can't be under your feet, she screams at you. Rose gets stressed (panting/restlessness), but not near as bad as Chloe.

First point of order with Future Puppy is going to be to introduce him to the sound of gunfire and make it the best experience EVER. Really hope that will help with other noise phobias (and I want him to be able to be out with us when we go shooting, too).

DJEtzel

Ugh, I SO don't miss having a dog that is scared of storms. Cynder, Cooper, and Gracie could all care less. Storms, fireworks, gunshots...they don't care.

Chloe works herself up into such a tizzy, I'm scared she's going to give herself a heart attack. She pants, whines, paces, shakes, her eyes dilate, I'm sure her temperature skyrockets due to the stress...if she can't be under your feet, she screams at you. Rose gets stressed (panting/restlessness), but not near as bad as Chloe.

First point of order with Future Puppy is going to be to introduce him to the sound of gunfire and make it the best experience EVER. Really hope that will help with other noise phobias (and I want him to be able to be out with us when we go shooting, too).
I tried the same thing and it didnt work. Recon is gun shy and it's the one limitation we have with off leash play. :(

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!

Ugh I can relate ... Buddy is noise phobic ... It's nervous in general for some reason ESP at night, I have been thinking about putting him on meletonin lol to see if it will help him ... We use meletonin for the really nervous race horses so they can relax.

A friend of mine has a team that participates in the Relay For Life every year, last year they raised 55,000, part of their fund raising is from bottle drives. I had a good $150 in bottle beside my place for their next bottle drive...someone effing STOLE them...who does that?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
A friend of mine has a team that participates in the Relay For Life every year, last year they raised 55,000, part of their fund raising is from bottle drives. I had a good $150 in bottle beside my place for their next bottle drive...someone effing STOLE them...who does that?
We do fundraising boxes at different places for work... this year, we had a lot of problems with people stealing the boxes and money. All the money goes to helping veterans. It's really messed.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
On the subject of thunderstorm phobic dogs, I was home for lunch and the first bad storm of the season is rolling through... Auggie was barking because the noise startled him, and Payton was running around back and forth crying, looking at the ceiling - I think he thought it was the roofers again. Pepper, to her credit, was pretty much the most relaxed, only barking a bit because Auggie was barking (she barks and doesn't even know why... OTHER DOGS ARE BARKING MUST BARK!)

I considered bringing Payton back to work with me but I thought the storm had past so I didn't... filled up his twist 'n treat and popped him in the crate with it and off I went.
Well, I guess it's pop up storms because a HUGE line of red developed in the time I checked the radar at home and got back to work (four minutes!), it's thundering and lightning like crazy right now, and I'm sitting at work trying not to have an anxiety attack because I'm afraid P is at home in his crate freaking out from the noise. I'm ready to cry and I don't even KNOW for sure he's at home having trouble, I just think he might be... I'm worried I'm going to go home and he's going to have a bloody nose from biting the crate bars again.

If it doesn't stop soon I'm leaving to go get him. I can't take much more of this.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I have one noise phobic dog ... Buddy. I know this isn't the "best" way to deal with this but since here at the ranch, we have a large area the dogs can get out of the rain (a large covered deck) so they can stay out in the rain/ storms without getting wet or cold from the rain.

When it storms here (we are in a very dry area so it doesn't happen often lol ) I just left him outside & watched him to make sure he didn't do anything stupid & it seemed that the less confirmed he was the better he did & since he (I guess) had the other dogs for comfort & example.

Now I am not suggesting anyone else do this ... It's just what I descoveries worked for us.

Saeleofu

There's no way I would leave a dog scared of storms out in a storm. That's a surefire way to make a dog MORE scared of storms, or to make a non-scared dog scared of storms. Never mind the high, high probability of getting loose when they're panicking. Flooding is never a good solution for a fear.

When I was dogsitting, I ended up crating one of the dogs and covering the crate with a blanket. Also turned on some noise. She couldn't see the flashes and couldn't hear the thunder as well, so she calmed down some.

As far as making sure a puppy doesn't get noise-phobic, socialization to lots of noises is key. That doesn't mean just sitting a puppy next to you and shooting a gun (again, that's a way to make them scared of it). It means actively engaging your dog and make it a VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE despite the noise (ideally the noise coming from someone else, so you can focus 100% on your pup).

Members online

No members online now.