pretty pretty

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
it's a world of diamond dust

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
So no one likes diamond dust huh? Maybe you had to be there. Anyway it was one of the most beautiful things I ever saw when the light hit it in the first pic. i have seen a lot of iced limbs, but nothing could compare with how those crystals that stood straight up, but were flat as fish scales caught the light. Just thought I would share. Ah well.

CaliTerp07

Jealous! We've had rain rain rain (colddddd rain) for several days now, but only a dusting of snow all winter (melted by lunch time)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
It was 7 degrees. And I about froze my toes, staying out too long, I couldn't rip myself away. In the first pic, IT was only like that for a a minute or so, I took a couple when it was so bright. THe cardinal and such were taken less than 5 minutes later and the brilliance was not the same. It truly was the most beautiful sight, specially when the birds landed on the branches and the sparkles glittered through the air while their wings were backlit. I tried to hold it in my mind, but I don't think there is anyway to paint what I saw.. I have another pic of crystals that formed, but they were lance like, and very thin. THese were flat shiny discs that stood straight up. I think something about how the fog came up from the river which is 2 miles straight down, hit the cold that they formed like this, and the last crystal pic. It was different from the beauty of iced limbs. I will repost the thin needle frost. that pic is in my gallery here. t if anyone wants to see it, no one else I know saw what I saw.., just me and the birds. There is so much about this neigbhorhood that I can't abide, and problems with the management of my building, but I would have a terrible time leaving my view. IT's almost like living in a tree house. Thanks for letting me share.

We had the prettiest Christmas snow, I would like some more but I can't complain after that one. We are still way low on water so a couple more good wet ones would help.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I have many cardinals right now and they sure aren't worried about me being out there when it's this cold. I had a nuthatch almost fly into me in his hast this morning.
I saw Daddy One WIng yesterday which is good news.

THis is from 3 years ago when I first moved up here. THese crystals only lasted a few minutes before they started falling.
I have this one over my mantle for the winter. I want to get a print of the first one posted, and maybe hang them side by side.
http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=11015&size=big&cat=&ppuser=2623

I just found this one, I missed it first go through. I might like it better than the first one above. Now I will have to decide which one is best.
ONe thing, if you don't like the composition of the branches, move a foot. :D That's how I freeze my feet.

IT's looks so much better big if anyone wants to see.THis is the size I will have it printed at.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e331/smkie/aa1new year/CIMG3487_zps8dfdd9ab.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.