Stephy's midnight musings/updates

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I really enjoy Chaz both for those skeptical and those unquestioning. I've met some amazing friends here and many friends have joined. I love the openness, I love the fact it's so diverse, and I love how even after an argument most will still bend over backwards for an Internet friend. There is so much to this forum, I've learned here and I've found support. I'm sorry for anyone who's still here whilst feeling hatred for it and its members.

I, like many, would dive in and help if I believed it would be recieved with the respect it deserves. I've been there, I've been dragged, crawled, fought, and learned to stand again on my own. I know how much my story and experience is worth, I respect it. I don't see respect from the OP, I see a drama craving vaguely far reaching story. Should I see a glimmer of change or a true cry for help I will address it just as I stood up and refused to support selling sex, true or not, because its never about the act of sex it's the detrimental abuse included in that world. Until then it will continue to be a matter of interest, for the readers, story.

S

SevenSins

Everyone is claiming worry about Romy but has anyone offered to help her with the dog?
Help her with the dog how? I would hope that someone racking up a big cell phone bill and who can afford to pay half rent and utilities in an apartment rather than seeking free temporary housing would have made it a priority to provide compensation to whoever is taking care of their pet for its food and necessities. Aside from that, I can't physically go there and walk the dog for them.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I really enjoy Chaz both for those skeptical and those unquestioning. I've met some amazing friends here and many friends have joined. I love the openness, I love the fact it's so diverse, and I love how even after an argument most will still bend over backwards for an Internet friend. There is so much to this forum, I've learned here and I've found support. I'm sorry for anyone who's still here whilst feeling hatred for it and its members.

I, like many, would dive in and help if I believed it would be recieved with the respect it deserves. I've been there, I've been dragged, crawled, fought, and learned to stand again on my own. I know how much my story and experience is worth, I respect it. I don't see respect from the OP, I see a drama craving vaguely far reaching story. Should I see a glimmer of change or a true cry for help I will address it just as I stood up and refused to support selling sex, true or not, because its never about the act of sex it's the detrimental abuse included in that world. Until then it will continue to be a matter of interest, for the readers, story.
Werd.

:hail:

Help her with the dog how? I would hope that someone racking up a big cell phone bill and who can afford to pay half rent and utilities in an apartment rather than seeking free temporary housing would have made it a priority to provide compensation to whoever is taking care of their pet for its food and necessities. Aside from that, I can't physically go there and walk the dog for them.
This I'm wondering as well. I wasn't aware help was needed with the dog. I thought she was somewhere and things were OK on that front? What help is needed and if I can I will help?

JessLough

Love My Mutt

I, like many, would dive in and help if I believed it would be received with the respect it deserves. I've been there, I've been dragged, crawled, fought, and learned to stand again on my own. I know how much my story and experience is worth, I respect it. I don't see respect from the OP, I see a drama craving vaguely far reaching story. Should I see a glimmer of change or a true cry for help I will address it just as I stood up and refused to support selling sex, true or not, because its never about the act of sex it's the detrimental abuse included in that world. Until then it will continue to be a matter of interest, for the readers, story.
I'm just going to wait for Adrianne to post from now and, and just say "This" every time. :p

This.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.

:hail:

darkchild16

We are Home.
My point is has anyone ever asked? They keep saying they are worried about her to say what they want but whose actually asked if there was help needed on that front? I don't know if there is or the arrangement at all just throwing out there all of the "but we are worried about Romy" but has anyone asked her if there is anything they can do about it.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I'm not sure if Romy wants help, I know many on FB were asking questions and attempting to offer concern and she was uncomfortable and shut it down. She may want to be left alone about the topic but it never hurts to just ask.

I have not asked about money, I assumed she covered those bases when agreeing to take the dog in.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
My point is has anyone ever asked? They keep saying they are worried about her to say what they want but whose actually asked if there was help needed on that front? I don't know if there is or the arrangement at all just throwing out there all of the "but we are worried about Romy" but has anyone asked her if there is anything they can do about it.
The worry seems to be about her trust in the situation, not her ability or desire to care for Katalin. The fact that she took in the dog without much knowledge of the truth of the situation is why people are worried about her. (I'm not judging Romy in the least. Just observing the difference.)

Romy wouldn't have agreed to do this if she couldn't handle the care of an extra dog. She hasn't requested help in Katalin's care nor is it exactly a simple thing to help, if you aren't local to her.

S

SevenSins

What I think would "help" Romy, is for either Romy or the dog's owner to contact the breeder of her dog and get them involved, which hasn't happened. Romy doesn't even have contact information for the dog's owner outside of the PM system and her "friend's" phone number. And that's apparently not strange to anyone. *shrug*

Anyway, whether or not anyone has asked, I don't know what anyone could DO to help Romy with the dog to begin with. Especially since it technically isn't her dog, and because the breeder is the next person in line to have responsibility when it comes to helping with the dog.

Twin_Dogs

Romy doesn't even have contact information for the dog's owner outside of the PM system and her "friend's" phone number. And that's apparently not strange to anyone. *shrug*
The OP who may or may not reply to this thread at all and who may or may not just start a new thread. Which is also apparently not strange to anyone.

Doberluv

What I think would "help" Romy, is for either Romy or the dog's owner to contact the breeder of her dog and get them involved, which hasn't happened. Romy doesn't even have contact information for the dog's owner outside of the PM system and her "friend's" phone number. And that's apparently not strange to anyone. *shrug*

Anyway, whether or not anyone has asked, I don't know what anyone could DO to help Romy with the dog to begin with. Especially since it technically isn't her dog, and because the breeder is the next person in line to have responsibility when it comes to helping with the dog.
I offered to help with the transporting of the dog. But I couldn't take the dog in. Romy was better equipped I guess, for that.

I don't know what the arrangement is with the breeder or what was in her contract...if there is a contract or anything else.

Actually, Romy HAS let Kat's breeder know that Kat is fine and welcome where she is until Stephy can bring her back home.

Kat also thwarted one break in the other night.

And yes, Romy's also in been in contact with Stephy outside the PM system here.

This isn't the first time Romy's trusted her gut and helped someone here who needed it when there was a good bit of finger-pointing and accusations of drama-mongering going on and she made a critical difference in someone's life by doing so.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
As of a few days ago, she hadn't. She had "drafted a letter, but the breeder doesn't have a website and only has an email and yadda yadda yadda" and kept sidestepping the question when asked, which is what I was going on ;)

Also, she "has no contact information for her other than PM here and a phone number for a friend" as of a few days ago as well, before it's assumed people are going off assumptions ;)

Romy

Taxiderpy
It's really exhausting keeping up with all the different theories, accusations, etc. so I just kind of pulled back from all that so I can focus on my kids, dogs, life away from the internets, etc.

Kat is totally fine and safe. She's not any hardship whatsoever on our family. She's very sweet, has a fabulous temperament and Stephy did an incredible job socializing her as she is very protective yet has shown really, really good judgement as far as what is normal human behavior and what is "off" and needs to be alerted too. Since she started staying with us she's driven off two prowlers. Her only vices so far is normal puppy stuff, like occassionally trying to eat a sock and getting into uncovered garbage cans which is really easy to manage. She's fabulous with kids, gets along great with the zois, doesn't have any behavioral problems with resource guarding or things that would make having her here difficult.

Anyway, her food is covered and everything is taken care of so nobody needs to worry about her, me, or her impact on my family. It's all cool or I wouldn't have offered to dogsit her. I really hope she and Stephy can get back together soon because I think it'll be best for both of them. Kat seems content for now, but it's really obvious how devoted she is to Stephy. She's goofy and loving and playful, but she knows she doesn't "belong" here. I can't quite put it into words, but I know she's looking forward to going home with her person.

ETA: and her breeder knows she's staying with me temporarily so that's not a problem either.

Romy

Taxiderpy
As of a few days ago, she hadn't. She had "drafted a letter, but the breeder doesn't have a website and only has an email and yadda yadda yadda" and kept sidestepping the question when asked, which is what I was going on ;)
And it's posts like this that are extremely stressful, unhelpful, and misleading. You're implying that I repeatedly dodged a bunch of questions when that's not at all the case. I answered VERY DIRECTLY the one time it was asked, which was that I had drafted a letter. After that I sent it. I didn't post an update until now because as far as I'd seen nobody had asked.

I'm feeling pretty insulted right now, and am done posting about this stuff. People can theorize all they want, it's really not worth the blood pressure spikes to engage in this right now.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
And it's posts like this that are extremely stressful, unhelpful, and misleading. You're implying that I repeatedly dodged a bunch of questions when that's not at all the case. I answered VERY DIRECTLY the one time it was asked, which was that I had drafted a letter. After that I sent it. I didn't post an update until now because as far as I'd seen nobody had asked.

I'm feeling pretty insulted right now, and am done posting about this stuff. People can theorize all they want, it's really not worth the blood pressure spikes to engage in this right now.
Stephy should be answering this, not you. That's the whole reason people are irritated. Stephy wants help or sympathy or whatever, but its all take take.

People are asking for assurance this is all true. Where is it?? And that's not for you to answer at all.

Me thinks stephy knows how her threads will end up.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Stephy should be answering this, not you. That's the whole reason people are irritated. Stephy wants help or sympathy or whatever, but its all take take.

People are asking for assurance this is all true. Where is it?? And that's not for you to answer at all.

Me thinks stephy knows how her threads will end up.
When someone presents me as doing/saying something in a misleading way that isn't true, and that makes me look bad and dishonest, that IS for me to answer. And it really pisses me off when I've done nothing but try to be helpful and respectful of folks here on chaz in all the years I've been a member here. And when people are sitting around on facebook making up theories and stories about how the dog came into my possession that aren't true, that's for me to answer as well.

And if you go back and read the first post of this thread, it's all her writing thankyous. So how is that remotely controversial?

Stephy hasn't asked people here for money or anything except to take a little time to read and reply to threads which is totally done by choice. If people don't believe her or want to spend their time reading and replying, they have the choice to not click. If people claim to be worried about me (and thank you to those who genuinely are, there are many kind hearted members here <3 ) thank you. You're awesome people.

Members online

No members online now.