Experiment the First - Mia!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
It's a slight caricature, trying to make a believable blend of cartoon-ness and realism.

Slooooooowly getting back into painting, and doing it digitally is awesome in some ways and extremely challenging in others. In this one I should have done it higher-contrast and with some more shading, but for a first go it wasn't too shabby. Things to remember for next time.

This took forever. I want to eventually offer this style of portrait, but if I did now I'd be charging an arm and a leg!

Will be experimenting more. Stay tuned! Laur, I have a high-res copy for you.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Haha that is so awesome! :D You definitely captured her cheekiness!
I wanted her to looks a bit more mischievous, but I think I nailed a cheekiness. :rofl1:

Glad you like! You're working hard for Ada with your art, figured a surprise would be nice. :) And Mia is PERFECT for a caricature experiment. haha

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
You definitely did! I'm so stoked about it! It's just wonderful and she's my special little girl. ;) Id' type more but she's sitting here attacking my hands wanting to play. :lol-sign:

I love the way the fur came out, especially around her face. Gorgeous coloring!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Thanks so much, girls. <3

There are things I'm not the most pleased with, but digital painting as a medium is ridiculously new to me, and I made some discoveries and learned new techniques doing this, which is really the name of the game.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I think you nailed it too. Love that touch of yellow in the clouds too...it brings the eye around and makes the fur pop even more. Wonderful work.

Members online

No members online now.