The Good News thread

What kinds do you have/make?
I change it up all the time based on my current mood lol. Going to make some straight up lavender soon and some chocolate covered strawberry...and who knows what else...so those will be ready in about a month.

My current stock of ready to go is eucalyptus mint, nag champa, lemon eucalyptus coconut oil soap, sea salt and charcoal bar, 'egyptian dragon' coconut oil soap, goat mik and honey, hemp milk coconut oil soap, cucumber mint, oatmeal milk and honey, cranberry, and lavender mint

I would like some goat milk and honey and also eucalyptus mint!
I can do that...one warning about the goat milk and honey. It is a good soap, dont get me wrong. But the scent was supposed to be lavender...and it was from a new supplier. Its pure lavender essential oil but the smell is not a nice lavender. Friends loved it (its very faint because I recooked it to get rid of the scent) and said I was being picky but in full disclosure....

I am remaking that one soon too with good to me lavender.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Ooooops. Sorry, car shopping always makes me dizzy. So, they had this sales lady which I walked to because I thought that would be nice (since I see you and Zoom sometimes vent about people being jerks and seek out the men). Well, she turned out to be such a bitch. Luckily, she had to deliver a car and had someone else take over.

We test drove the Jetta and the Passat (even though I eyef****ed the sh*t out of a Golf they had in the showroom). Dan was definitely sitting more comfortably in the Passat. We are thinking about the TDI since most of our driving is Highway (we carpool to work).

I liked it A LOT. We spent 4 hours there so didn't have time to check out the Subaru dealership. I guess we'll have to do that this weekend. I'm not a person to just buy a car, even if I was 95% sure... I'd still go home and sleep about it.

I also didn't really like the sales guy we talked to most of the time. He made me feel really ridiculous for being hesitant about a car they had on the lot that had everything I wanted, but I guess the manager drove is around some and it had 5k miles on it. It was never registered so it's still a new car (and it had the new car sticker price, too). Is that unreasonable of me?
#1 rule of car shopping: don't like your salesperson? DON'T BUY FROM THEM. It kills me to hear 'We loved you so much but we bought from someone else because they had the car!' the salesperson you like can get you any car you want. :)

I'd put my money on a new Subaru over a new VW, personally, but the Passat TDI is a very nice car. If you end up liking it better, buy the extended warranty.

Saeleofu

I tried to get help from the healthcare.gov chat again, and this time, I had a person that knows what she's doing! FIRST TIME EVER!

[2:55:22 pm]: Thanks for contacting Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat. Please wait while we connect you to someone who can help.
[2:55:25 pm]: Please be patient while we're helping other people.
[2:55:59 pm]: Please be patient while we're helping other people.
[2:56:33 pm]: Please be patient while we're helping other people.
[2:56:39 pm]: Welcome! You're now connected to Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat.

Thanks for contacting us. My name is Gail. To protect your privacy, please don't provide any personal information, like Social Security Number, or any other sensitive medical or personal information.
[2:56:53 pm]: Shannon
I selected a plan on December 15th, but I have not received any information on my insurance or received any insurance cards. I'm trying to determine if the problem is with the insurance company or with healthcare.gov.
[2:57:09 pm]: Gail
Hello, Ms. Coates. How are you today?
[2:58:36 pm]: Gail
Did you try to call the 800 number for the insurance that was on the page with your plan? You have to call them and make payment arrangements, if you want to have coverage.
[2:58:48 pm]: Shannon
I am using a tax credit, and as a result I have no payment to make.
[2:59:39 pm]: Gail
Nevertheless, you need to contact them and gve them your application ID number and all the information on the plan that you selected.
[3:00:01 pm]: Shannon
Okay. Thank you for your help. Does this mean my insurance can't start until next month?
[3:01:04 pm]: Gail
You can tell them that you enrolled, and had the plan selected and have been waiting to hear from them since Dec. 15, and insist that they cover you retroactively back to Jan 1.
[3:01:52 pm]: Gail
If they give you any static, call us at 1-800-318-2596.
We will get that handled for you.
[3:02:31 pm]: Shannon
Thank you! I wish everyone was as helpful as you. I tried asking this same question many times over the last few weeks, and this is the first straight answer I have received. Thanks again!
[3:03:11 pm]: Gail
Oh, Thank you. That is a nice compliment! I appreciate it. You have a nice day, ma'am.

I swear I could kiss her right now! NOW we're making progress...

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I couldn't help it. I added my other dogs back to my sig even though it'll be a few months before I see them again.

I miss them. It makes me feel better.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Ooooops. Sorry, car shopping always makes me dizzy. So, they had this sales lady which I walked to because I thought that would be nice (since I see you and Zoom sometimes vent about people being jerks and seek out the men). Well, she turned out to be such a bitch. Luckily, she had to deliver a car and had someone else take over.

We test drove the Jetta and the Passat (even though I eyef****ed the sh*t out of a Golf they had in the showroom). Dan was definitely sitting more comfortably in the Passat. We are thinking about the TDI since most of our driving is Highway (we carpool to work).

I liked it A LOT. We spent 4 hours there so didn't have time to check out the Subaru dealership. I guess we'll have to do that this weekend. I'm not a person to just buy a car, even if I was 95% sure... I'd still go home and sleep about it.

I also didn't really like the sales guy we talked to most of the time. He made me feel really ridiculous for being hesitant about a car they had on the lot that had everything I wanted, but I guess the manager drove is around some and it had 5k miles on it. It was never registered so it's still a new car (and it had the new car sticker price, too). Is that unreasonable of me?
Don't buy from someone you don't like. And you cannot count a 5K mile car as "new". Whichever respective dealership can certify it as part of their pre-owned program, but a car can only be counted as "new" up to like 3K (at least for Colorado). And for a VW, no. I would absolutely not pay new price.

I'm also not a huge fan of VW. I like to play around with the ones we get in on trade, but as the joke around here goes "It's not a real VW unless there's a check engine light on."

What are your wants/needs in a car? I will help you out on the Subaru side as much as I can from half the country away!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Don't buy from someone you don't like. And you cannot count a 5K mile car as "new". Whichever respective dealership can certify it as part of their pre-owned program, but a car can only be counted as "new" up to like 3K (at least for Colorado). And for a VW, no. I would absolutely not pay new price.

I'm also not a huge fan of VW. I like to play around with the ones we get in on trade, but as the joke around here goes "It's not a real VW unless there's a check engine light on."

What are your wants/needs in a car? I will help you out on the Subaru side as much as I can from half the country away!
*like* :p

My check engine light comes on intermittently, people occasionally point it out to me and I just shrug. It's a VW, that's what it does!!

I adore my VW, and don't have plans of driving any other brand anytime soon, but they aren't cheap to fix if you don't want to do it yourself. Ryan is a VW tech and he always, always has work, both at work and on the side. So keep that in mind.

Airn

I change it up all the time based on my current mood lol. Going to make some straight up lavender soon and some chocolate covered strawberry...and who knows what else...so those will be ready in about a month.

My current stock of ready to go is eucalyptus mint, nag champa, lemon eucalyptus coconut oil soap, sea salt and charcoal bar, 'egyptian dragon' coconut oil soap, goat mik and honey, hemp milk coconut oil soap, cucumber mint, oatmeal milk and honey, cranberry, and lavender mint

Eeeee. Just throw some in a box and I'll give you money :rofl1:

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger

Bwahahahahahahaha. Oh my god. That totally explains the HELL out of DH's VW Beetle. And also that I absolutely detest that car. It sucks. And it's ten years newer than my Jeep, but has about a billion more things wrong with it. And is also made of plastic and Styrofoam. Seriously. STYROFOAM.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
When people ask me about my car I tell them not to buy a VW unless you want to learn how to fix it, or you have the money to pay someone to fix it. Sometimes a lot!

In my first year of owning my car I learned how to fix quite a few things myself. Those that I couldn't fix myself, I had a club full of awesome guys who were more than happy to teach me how or fix it for beer as payment. Now I just hand Ryan the keys and tell him I'm taking his car :rofl1:

noludoru

Bored Now.

RHD and I were always convinced that there was something wrong with ours because they never threw CELs.

My check engine light comes on intermittently, people occasionally point it out to me and I just shrug. It's a VW, that's what it does!!

I adore my VW, and don't have plans of driving any other brand anytime soon, but they aren't cheap to fix if you don't want to do it yourself. Ryan is a VW tech and he always, always has work, both at work and on the side. So keep that in mind
This is the best advice anyone could possibly give. You will probably LOVE your VW, but be prepared. (Buy a warranty.)

We had 5 vws at one point - all 1969 and earlier though. Sadly we are down to one. I really miss the ghia :( DH just did not have the time to restore them all

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
RHD and I were always convinced that there was something wrong with ours because they never threw CELs.
Plowed mine into a guardrail and still no lights on the dash. My car is a champ. The only CEL mine has thrown was when I took my O2 spacer off. :p

My good news: I can get an FR-S at cost. :D

Xandra

I found Vicky Cristina Barcelona on YouTube. Finding a movie I love on YouTube always puts me in a good mood, doesn't matter if it's 240 px and has Spanish subtitles.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Just ordered 5 nice pairs of underwear and a very nice new bra from Victoria's Secret thanks to a giftcard and the awesome sale they are having. WHOOT!

Now if Abrams eats any of these, I will disown him. Stupid dog.

Members online

No members online now.