People that can't pronounce their breed name.

Pops2

I've never heard any say Pembroke differently than Pem-brook, but I just realize that I've really only ever heard anyone around her say "corgi" they never distinguish...in fact I don't think I've ever seen a Cardi here.

wait...how do you say Boerboel? I say BO'R-BO'L...er IDK how to type it out even. I guess closest to like BOAR-BUL?
Boerboel=boor bool closest might be boo er bool

AliciaD

On second thought...

AliciaD

On second thought...
I once had a customer think I said Saxon was a Stafford-Gerbil Terrier...
It's funny because there are gerbils in your signature, and at first glance I was trying to figure out if it meant that cats are an intermediate between dogs and gerbils.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
Breed pronounciations aside, I hate it when people say what their dog IS, rather than the name. French Mastiff, Italian Mastiff, etc. Its a gdmn Dogue de Bordeaux. Its NOT HARD TO SAY. CANE CORSO. NOT HARD TO SAY. FIGURE. IT. OUT.

Also I didnt read to see if this was answered, but yes, its kah-nay corso. not cane like a candy cane.

CatStina

SBT Lover!!
It's funny because there are gerbils in your signature, and at first glance I was trying to figure out if it meant that cats are an intermediate between dogs and gerbils.
It's just my pets, no hidden meaning. I was going to put it in the order that I got the pets, Bowie, then Ziggy, then Saxon, and then the gerbils. However, I figured, since this is a dog forum, I'd put Saxon first.

Maxy24

I always pronounced beauceron like beau in beauty then sir (like a man) on.

I was at a rally-o competition once and a Cane Corso was competing, we sat next to them while they waited. She pronounced Cane like con-yay...like if there was a tilda on the n in cane, is that wrong? Is it just con-ay?

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I just call Fred a pointer. Because let's face it, German shorthaired pointer is long, and I don't have all day!!!

Quite a few people have known what he is. Quite a few look blank. Ive had 2 labs, 1 generic spaniel and one cocker spaniel (seriously) so far.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Frostfell, question. :eek:
With "kah-nay" corso, which syllable takes the most emphasis? I generally put the most emphasis on the last syllable ("nay"), but now I feel I've got it wrong.

I has a dumb.

How DO you pronounce beauceron? I know ill see one someday and embarass myself horribly lol
Say "Bow tie", now say "Rice-a-roni", now say "Bow-ce-a-roni", Now say it "Bow-sir-own". (I love to do it that way, it's more fun)

"Beauce" is a region of France, so I've been told in France they say it more like "Bow-s-Roan", that's what someone from France told me anyway, my mother likes to down talk me for saying it that way. And yes, I'm guilty of telling many people she's a "French sheepdog", because some people just never get "Beauceron" no matter how many times you say it or try to explain it.

Members online

No members online now.