Sparks! And everyone else who likes irony!

Miakoda

:D

How are the lines right now? I saw where you mentioned riding Toy Story Mania, and that's one of the ones we definitely want to go on (provided it's not some epliptic's nightmare).

I was just curious as to how the crowds and lines were right now.

For everyone else, we leave for Disney in 6 DAYS!! :yikes: I've got a few bags packed, all medicines are refilled and packed, and I'm getting excited!

For those that don't know, I'm in southeast Louisiana (right outside Baton Rouge). I used to live halfway between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. I lived in Hammond for many years. Swamps are nothing new. We once found an alligator in my now in-laws' front yard. Heck, I have a wildlife rehab license and can raise injured alligators for rerelase.

Anywho, this is my first trip to Disney since 1993. We originally were to stay at the Animal Kingdom, but made the choice to bump down a notch to save some moolah (oh, like $3,000! ). Sooooo, where did we end up booking?

The Port Orleans-Riverside of course. :rolleyes: Not only that, our rooms are in Alligator Bayou.

I had a field day listening to our travel agent (Small World Vacations...Lauren....totally awesome!!!!) go on about the New Orleans atmosphere, the wonderful cajun food, the fun music, yada yada yada. Then I told her where we're coming from. She got quiet and then let out a huge laugh. :rofl1:

And just because I think we got an awesome deal, listen up: There are 5 adults and 3 kids in our "party". We are staying for 7 days and 6 nights at a "Moderate" park hotel. We have 5 day passes with the Park Hopper option. AND we have a FREE dining plan that gives us each 1 snack, 1 quick-service meal, and 1 sit-down table meal each day (7 days) (you can actually interchange them/substitute them which is good because I doubt we do any sit-down dining with my 3 active chi'ren!). And what was the price of all this? Approx. $4,400 total! :hail:

Miakoda

Oh, and coffee and beignets to all who read all that. :D

(for those that just got baffled by beignets, it's "ben-yays". ;) )

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Mmm beignets and chantilly cream...

I so need to come visit you. Forget Disney Land, you have horses and Cajun food! :rofl1:

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
So much fun :D Maybe it'll cool down a bit for you... its supposed to be in the 80's for most of this week. It really does feel good outside though... and your from LA so your used to the heat! lol

Oh - ya'll more than likely be going right by my town ;)

lizzybeth727

Oh, and coffee and beignets to all who read all that. :D

(for those that just got baffled by beignets, it's "ben-yays". ;) )
Meet you at Cafe du Monde in 15 minutes. :D

I LOVE New Orleans, have been there on vacation many times. I took my sister there for her first time last Thanksgiving. We were at a little cafe, and she pointed to a sign and asked, "What are big-nets?" :rofl1:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
The crowds are incredible right now. I have never been witness to crowd levels this low in all my visits. I'm starting to become quite fond of January in Disney world LOL. The longest we have waited for anything was probably today when I waited to meet Phineas and Ferb. I probably waited half an hour (WORTH IT!!!! lol) Everything else has been only a few minutes wait. Some things have even been walk ons. We have gotten a TON of things done. We get to the park when it opens (9 am right now unless there are extra magic hours) and then we leave around 1 and go back to the resort for naps and a break and then go back around 5 or 6 and stay until close (usually that's around 9 pm again... extra magic hours can change that and extend the park hours also animal kingdom closes at 5 pm right now and hollywood studios closes at 7 on regular days)

So we aren't even spending an entire day from open to close in the park but we are getting everything done that we want to do on this trip and then some. The crowds are very minimal to say the least.

The weather has been outstanding too. 80's but very little humidity and sunny.

Tonight was probably the best two hours of Hannah's life so far lol. Hollywood studios had extra magic hours (EMH from here on out in this post LOL) from 7-10... so if you are staying on property you get to stay late. On EMH nights they do the Disney Junior Dance party. They have a DJ and have all the "club" lights going and bubbles and balloon animals and everything..... AND...... The characters come out and dance with all the kids.

We went to this tonight for the first time and the first hour was a little chaotic because it was a bit crowded and the kids were so hyped up lol but after that everyone cleared out and I swear there were less than a dozen kids for the last hour we were in there. Hannah got TONS of one on one time dancing with her favorite characters (oh yes... I will be posting those photos when they finish loading lol). Highlight of the trip... and probably the highlight of her life so far lol. Tons of fun... so check it out

Toy story mania... tip... get into the park as early as possible, head straight to toy story mania (I can tell you exactly how to get there if you want LOL) and get fast passes and then come back later and get right on the ride. DON'T go stand in line LOL the line gets really long REALLY fast even when it's not crowded because every single person heads right there lol. Get y our fast passes early because they WILL run out quickly. If you don't have a fast pass by 10 or 11... you may not get one .

BUT... this ride is worth it. It is SO cool and unlike anything I've experienced before. We all had a blast with that one. Brian got the highest score though... he sucks LOL He says that once you see how the "trigger" works for the blaster on the front you will understand why men are better at it than women HAHAHAHAHA

hmmmm what else should I add lol. Do you have any questions? I'm sure I can answer them hahaha. I even schooled a cast member the other day with a disney trivia question hahaha he was wrong and I was RIGHT!!!!!

what dates are you going? I have a touring plans.com subscription so I can check crowd projections for you for each park each day if you want and it will give you a pretty good idea about what parks to hit and what parks to avoid each day... but with these crowd levels you aren't really going to have a problem at any park. The most chaotic thing for us so far was Wishes at Magic Kingdom during evening EMH's on a sunday. The park was open until midnight but the first round of Wishes was at 8 o clock and it was PACKED with people but I also knew that was going to be the case from checking my touringplans.com LOL. You have to stay one night and see wishes :) it's worth it. Get your spot early. We got a spot at 7... at 7:15 they had a stage show go on in front of the castle, at 7:45 they had "The Magic, The Memories and You". I don't know how to describe this display but it is AMAZING and you won't want to miss it. Then at 8 wishes started.

Ok... that's all I can think of for now lol. I applaude you if you made it through this novel haha

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Another toy story mania tip lol.

When you go through the fast pass line... go through as 2 riders each rather than as a group. you will get put into the two rider line and it's MUCH shorter.

Members online