Wimmin! Do you track your cycles?

Torch

Nope, I don't. I'm on the pill and let myself have a period whenever the off weeks are. I could double up packs and not have a period whenever I wanted, but I've never done it.

So I know by my pill color lol.

crazedACD

Also (warning this might be TMI) but I used to know when I was ovulating by the change in my cervical mucous (it gets all stringy like raw egg whites & whatever) but lately it hasn't, now I haven't been to the doc in like 10 years at least (I know I am bad) but I feel like I am not ovulating Anymore :/
I am never going to be able to cook eggs again.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Same thing happens with my cycle. I an tell where i am in my cycle that way.

We have basically been BC and preventative free for almost 6 years. We basically go by my cycle for when it's safe and when it's not and no surprises yet lol I am that regular

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Yes, I do. Generally between 27-29 days, if it goes more than 32 or so, I take Vit C to start it.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Same thing happens with my cycle. I an tell where i am in my cycle that way.

We have basically been BC and preventative free for almost 6 years. We basically go by my cycle for when it's safe and when it's not and no surprises yet lol I am that regular
Same here with the exception of condoms & tracking my cycle we have also been (so far ... *knocks on wood*). But I can also feel when I am ovulating, you know what I mean? Like I will feel an achy pain on one side or the other in my pelvic area around the time my ovulation is occurring (that's usually Roundnthe time my Mucous changed).

But it hasn't happened in like the last year so maybe I have stopped ovulating ??? If I'm not ovulating anymore I don't know what that means :confused:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I used to, when I started having sex and wasn't on birth control. Now I'm on birth control, so I don't care. I just try to keep in mind what "normal" cramps/etc. are like for me, so I know if something isn't right.

boneyjean

Stinky Butt
I have always tracked mine. My OB showed me an app for my iphone called PTracker Lite that I really like. We aren't having anymore children, but I can see how it would have been very useful when we were trying to get pregnant before. And it tells me when my ovulation days are and it has been pretty spot on everytime!

Even if you aren't trying to get or prevent pregnancy, it is important to track your cycles. Huge changes can be an indication of an issue. And as my Dr said, she doesn't want me going months and months without a period and not realizing it.

Last edited:

crazedACD

PCOS seems to be more common then I thought it was, I was under the assumption that it was not a very common disorder
It's becoming more commonly diagnosed, yes.
I went to the doctor when I was a teen because I was only getting it occasionally...they didn't mention a word about PCOS or any possibility of it. They said because I could get period regularly on birth control, it not being regular wasn't any cause for concern. With some internet searches I suspected it though. I just pursued this last year because I hadn't had a period in over a year, and was "officially" diagnosed with PCOS.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I never have. I just go "meh it's been about a month, probably time soon." :p

And I would not want someone to flip through my phone and find "period tracker" lol why can't they call it something more discreet.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Meh, I don't mind "period tracker" it's less annoying then "monthly gift or "aunt flow". I am a woman, therefore it's common knowledge that I at some point do/will have a period at some point, so I say call it what it is ... A period.

Saeleofu

I used to never have periods, because of PCOS. This year my body decided to try something new, and I've now had THREE periods all on my own, no medication. So now I do track it I have an Excel file with a sheet for my weight, a sheet for my period, a sheet for Jagger's weight, and a sheet for Gwyneth's weight. And some other random junk. I love Excel.

And...apparently my body has decided it doesn't like this game, as I'm now late after having had it 3 months in a row like clockwork.

ETA:

if it goes more than 32 or so, I take Vit C to start it.
Wait, what? Does this actually work? Never heard of it. BUT the three months I had a period, I was downing a lot of those Halls Defense things with Vit. C. Hmmm.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I was also more regular when I was taking vit C like instead of being a few days off it was like EVERY 28 days like clockwork, maybe I need to get back on it too lol.

But I never knew that about vit C ... Interesting.

Though since I have been in a committed, serious relationship, & have been tracking my cycle I find it rather fascinating to see how my body is "feeling" coincide with the date on the calendar, like when Im ovulating I can usually tell or when I am about a week out from starting my period I get PMS symptoms. I usually know when bleeding is imminent because the bloating & irritability will subside or go away completely ... I also can tell when it's gonna be a bad month.

crazedACD

Wait, what? Does this actually work? Never heard of it. BUT the three months I had a period, I was downing a lot of those Halls Defense things with Vit. C. Hmmm.
When I was trying to get off soda I drank a lot of "Fuze" drinks that have Vitamin C in them, I noticed I think I got two periods in a row.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Works for me. There can be side effects (the runs, if I remember correctly?), but I've never had an issue. 5000mg split up throughout the day before I want it, and BAM. Period the next day. It starves the uterus of progesterone, which starts menstruation.

Before I got it in tablet form, I would drink a ton of cranberry juice (high in vit c) for 2-3 days, and that would start it.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I never knew that about vit C. Interesting :)

I don't track for pregnancy, I track because I have crap hormones, and I had no idea whether I was regular or not :) it has been more useful and interesting than I ever imagined!

The tracker I use is called monthly cycles. Pretty bland :D

Yup. mine have been: 25, 29, 28, 26, 25, 23. Love my app! It's right on time with my insane appetite increase and low resistance to junk food, breakouts, and mood swings. My face looks like I'm 16, I cried yesterday morning over a swimming lesson (Chloe's), and tonight, I ate 1,100 cals worth of homemade Mac n cheese..... for dinner! (Wasn't quite junk food. It was a whole food recipe but it was super high in cals and not really THAT nutritious.) needless to say I'm supposed to start tomorrow!

Members online

No members online now.