Tick Panel Came back negative...

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
We're so lost now. No one knows anything else we can do. Basically we've just sat here watching him get worse and worse. We get one more set of blood tests back next week and then that's about all we can do. He's so weak and he's looking kind of thin. He seems happy though. He adores my father, loves cookies, and responds to his name. We just can't keep him if he can't move around at all. We're out of many options and we're all very afraid Hiro is not going to mobile after much longer.

I just don't know...

jess2416

Who woulda thought
((((hugs)))))

Im so sorry I wish there was something that I could say.. but there's not so Im just going to continue to send good vibes your way

bubbatd

Why ,oh why can't they find a reason !!?? I feel so sorry for you !! Do you feel that you need other opinions ?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Grammy, we've been working with three different vets and a neurologist and no one can come up with anything. They've all come up with different ideas on what it could be, but every single test comes back normal...

bubbatd

I ache for and with you !!! All we ever want to know is " what " and " why " .

Last edited:

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Oh Laur...:( I hope to God that he will get better some how (((((((HUGS))))))))

Megansmom

I feel so terrible for you and your family...you must feel so helpless. I know you'd do anything you could to help the little guy.

***prays for little Hiro***

Toller_08

I'm so sorry, Laur. :(

I hope that the vets can find something soon. I feel so bad for all of you... I wish there was some way that I could help. We went through a similar thing a few years back with one of our Rottweilers. They tested and tested her for things, and everything came back normal for some reason. (((HUGS)))

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
there are many species of bartonella that do not show up on tick panels. At least that is what i have been told and i am proof that there is such a thing as false negative when it comes to the standard lyme test. THe western blot is the one my lyme forum says is accurate.. THat is how i got in trouble in the first place, i didn't have the western blot, only the cheap one the insurance co paid for.. A big question is if lyme can be passed down from mother to fetus, the big heads say no, but on my lyme board the mothers that have children that are showing signs of all the symptoms are saying yes it can. DOn't know if this is important or not but i thought i would share. ONe woman lost her baby at 5 mths, she has lyme and believes that it cost her baby her life. OThers have toddlers that are showing neurological problems that the mothers have had before, during and after pregnancy. THey toddlers are too little to have symptoms of that severity this early. SO they adamently believe it is lyme. I would ask the breeder if the mother has ever had it, and if she was how long she was treated for it. A good portion of people that have it have never seen a rash. IT is a very sneaky disease.

Members online

No members online now.