How much time do you spend grooming?

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I brush Quinn a few times a week right now, just because I think it's good for her and she looks so much better after. She also gets all slobbery on her neck and under her ears from playing with Dally, and I like to break up her super dense 'shorts'. I expect she won't need it as much when she's older and gets her adult coat in.

Dally is so low maintenance. I only really brush her when she's blowing coat. Bathe as needed, which is not often at all.

Dekka

Just try me..
Dekka LLLOOOOVVES being brushed. She will bug me when I am brushing my hair to get brushed. But she doesn't need it.

They get their nails done weekly, other than that they get bathed when dirty and thats about it.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Strider gets bathed weekly. If I have access to a forced air dryer, it takes about an hour and a half. Otherwise he has to air dry and takes less time, but doesn't look as good afterward. I bathe him that often because he's a service dog. A lot of people in public don't want to smell a damp dog, and it's pretty damp around here so he needs to be extra clean.

Also, once a week was the magic number for keeping his dander down when I was taking care of a girl with severe dog allergies. She couldn't even pet a standard poodle, but had no problems hugging Strider with that bath regimen. It makes me feel better, like maybe we're causing less problems for people with allergies when we go places.

Kaia gets bathed when she's dirty. Which could be weekly, or a couple times a month depending on whether she has a wipe out moment through dog doo or not. :rolleyes:

3dogmom

The time I spend grooming my families dogs varies depending on whether or not I have to trim our shih tzso. Our three big dogs, Trigger, (lab/golden mix), Pongo (lab) and Hobbes(lab/shepherd) are pretty much wash and wear as water doesn't seem to stick to those oily coats except Trigger requires more brushing. Balto (shih tzso) easily takes a couple hours if I have trim him including bath and blow dry, nails etc. I would say a Saturday afternoon to do everything to everybody once a month or whenever they start to smell like dogs lol. Other than that I'd say an hour or two a week.

Giny

Most of the time, all day long. I'm a groomer. BUT my poor dogs have the cobblers syndrome, poor babies. :(

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I'm Bad and never brush Teagan. OK, well I might brush her once a week.

I find no point other than getting some of the dead hairs out of her coat. Her coat does not tangle, and two minutes after I brush her all nice and pretty is a wiry nesty mess.

But I do take her in to get her coat stripped ever two months or so, depending how fast her coat grew out and the weather.

She gets her nails done every few weeks gove or take. She keeps them pretty short by herself by running around in the fields and such.

I never bath Teagan unless she gets into something nasty. Like horse poo. She loves that stuff.

My dog isn't capricious but I make sure to bring her to grooming place at least twice a week. She gets some massage, shampoo, and a hair cut. I want to give the best for her since she's so good to us and a very sweet puppy. Everyone likes her in our family.

Members online

No members online now.