Biothane collar shop

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I know I can order from etsy and for 2 items, delivery isn't bad at all.

I'm tempted to get biothane collars as I can't find them in the uk, and my dogs are so mucky... We have mud here most of the year!

However, I specifically would like a quick release collar. I don't like buckles at all. I like their martingales, but they are more for dry showing off days, and not really practical for proper wear down the common or on the beach (they will get ruined).

I would also like them about 1.5" width. And I'd like to pick a colour for each if I can, bodhi wears girly colours as everyone calls her a boy!

Ideas?

Eta, I should add I have seen the ones on etsy and they are all buckles, I'm asking if anyone knows if you can buy quick release and where from? I may settle for buckles if I have no choice.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
How weird, I've only just posted this, and it searched googled for biothane collar uk, and this thread came up!

Weeeeeeeird! Lol.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Reason I don't have a biothane collar = I ONLY LIKE QUICK RELEASE MARTINGALES. No one has those. Guh. Good luck on your search! If you know how to use rivets, you could always just cut the buckle off and attach a quick release yourself.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Dizzy, why don't you ask the people who own the esty shop if they can make you a custom collar with the quick release. I find most people on esty are pretty open to making custom things if you just ask.

Hi all, I was surfing the web the other day and came across this forum. My wife and I have a Weimaraner and we also make Genuine Biothane collars and leashes. We can do all sorts of custom work as we hand make them all ourselves, feel free to check out our website, www.biopetcollars.com. Our website only lists the standard sizes and standard buckles but we did just order in some quick release buckles. If there is something that you would be interested in and don't see it on our website let us know.

I will post our store with more detail in the dog sites and pet sites but just wanted to let you guys know as I came across this thread.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Bumping this lol

I have messaged the shop owner, so may get a response soon, but anyone come across anything??

I know if I buy buckle collars they won't get used as much, I just know it.

I'm still waiting to get on the biothane train!! Ideal for us as the dogs are so filthy lol

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Answer is no, and the reason is they are non adjustable! Very sensible, didnt think of that. They do have martingale, but I think I'm going to have to plump for buckles :(

Oh well.... Now... Colour??!!

Grab

Answer is no, and the reason is they are non adjustable! Very sensible, didnt think of that. They do have martingale, but I think I'm going to have to plump for buckles :(

Oh well.... Now... Colour??!!
Couldn't they just use quick release buckles, but make the collar to fit the neck size exactly, vs being adjustable? (rather like a tag collar does)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Couldn't they just use quick release buckles, but make the collar to fit the neck size exactly, vs being adjustable? (rather like a tag collar does)
They can but they said they would want to measure the neck themselves. I don't know!

Toller_08

Dizzy, have you ever seen these? They're not really biothane I don't think, but they're supposed to be waterproof and are adjustable.

Ruffwear also makes a waterproof collar.

Those are the only options I've seen for waterproof collars with plastic buckles.

Members online