Favorite tugs

Hudson has decided that tugging is THE BEST THING EVER (followed 2nd by running real fast after something I throw). I have a few rope tugs that people have given me that he likes a lot, but am looking for other ideas. I'd really like something that floats for dock dogs (if we go that route).

Last edited:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Hmm, possibly the Chuck It Bumper will work for you? I think Hudson is a bit bigger than Pay so it might work for tugging! The bumper is just a little big for Payton to really get a good grip and go to town tugging but we have had tugging sessions with it.

You can see here how it's kinda awkward but I think it's just a teensy bit big for his mouth.

We also have a wubba, but he likes to shake it and make the little flappers fly around and to squeak it, not really for tugging. It WILL work for tugging, but again since Payton is on the small side, I have one of the smaller wubbas - play a game of tug with your hands that close to a very excited Payton's mouth at your own risk LOL. A larger wubba might work just fine for Hudson though!

DJEtzel

A lot of dogs love the wet wubbas... they're great for water training!

Or a kong squeaker on a rope?

Idk... does fleece float? lol.

This is the only tug Frag likes and one of the only ones Sir will use out of the house. Recon loves fleece too, but won't tug on this with a ball on it. :rolleyes:

Wubba's here too! I also use the Kong bumper also and like it a lot for the tugging. The color though gets lost sooo easily in the grass.

My other favorite are Udder Tugs, but they don't float.

AND I can't forget about my go too!

Those glove things people wash their car with. LOVE them!

Glove Car Washer Things

I make my own out of polar fleece, but they are not braided they end up round like ropes. Gage unties the rope toys and eats the string so they are not allowed in our house.

Thanks guys. I do have a chuck it bumper that Hudson is meh about, but I think I'll pull it out again to see if I can get him interested in it. Ya know, because toys that have been in storage for a few months are THE BEST TOYS EVER!@@#!!!

I've been eyeing the wubbas and might have to take that plunge

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
They have Chuck-It Frisbees now that float. They can be used for tugging, dry land throwing, water throwing...

Mira adores hers. We have the "amphibious" one, but in orange & blue instead of green.

We really like our water Wubbas too but don't tug with them. They don't seem like they would hold up well to tugging. They last forever otherwise though.

MicksMom

They have Chuck-It Frisbees now that float. They can be used for tugging, dry land throwing, water throwing...

Mira adores hers. We have the "amphibious" one, but in orange & blue instead of green.

Those hold up pretty well to my friend's Labs tugging and pulling on them.

Caleb's absolute favorite outside toy is the firehose bumper in this link with the bungee handle. It's going on 7 years old now, and the bungee is stretched out. Other than that, it's still going strong (I tied a knot in it so he doesn't get his foot caught).
http://www.keepdoggiesafe.com/fire-hose-dog-water-toy.html?gclid=CJX8ie_40bcCFdSj4Aod720AOg

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Wubbas hold up surprisingly well to tugging. I'm not sure about the neoprene ones, but I know the original kind last a very long time with one of my friends and his dogs. (He has eight.)

SaraB

I had a sheltie DESTROY our wet wubba in one class (I let them borrow it since they left their tug at home). The normal wubbas seem to hold up a lot better to tugging and they work just as well in water.

I second the chuck-it bumper. Zinga loooves to tug on hers and it's easy to toss.

elegy

overdogged
mine, though admittedly there's not much listed there right now. i need to get on the ball and get some more tugs made.

RedDog Tugs

Red Chrome

I use Jute rolls, French linen and then balls on ropes..floating style. Don't care for the Wubbas and Judge destroys the chuck it bumpers.

Members online

No members online now.