Biting Strangers

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i dont want people to think I am against saving any dog....that is not the point at all. I think tho that there needs to be an honest evaulation of what a person can and cannot handle.. If someone has dog they cannot "read", then there is a potential for someone being hurt. If you even think that is a possibility, you have to be prepared to take the consequences and not everyone is in the position to do that. I am not sure you couldn't leagally be held responsible as well if the dog has a record.
There are many dogs that need rescuing if one has to back up and take a different dog, they should feel the right to decide without feeling guilty or that they have failed. There are a lot of wussy Victor's out there too that deserve the same chance...and there are far more dogs than there are rescuers as we are all to well aware. Whatever you decide to do, my heart goes out to you. Decisions like that are taken with a heavy heart and a tired soul. I am still holding you in silent meditation..I hope you make the right decision for you and for the dog.

No, I haven't really tried anything with him yet. The weather hasn't been cooperating for a visit to the park, but I hope to spend some time out with him this weekend and see if I can make any progress with him around people at a distance. I appreciate the suggestions and support from all of you. I also happened to find a Dog Aggression seminar being held in April that I plan to attend.
I wrote more in my LiveJournal.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I just wanted to say how proud I am of you...not that you know me, but to do what you do is I think is so very special. It would be so much easier to spend your time doing anything else..like golf or video games. Putting your heart out there day after day is in the long run a full and rewarding life even tho When you go thru the hard times you have to wonder if you have lost your mind..I hope the world returns ten fold the love that you send out each day.

Members online