Firefly + Serenity

I just watched the whole series and the movie, and I'm in that weird emotional state where you don't really know how to feel. Sad that it's over, stunned at the ending, and generally introspective and sappy.

I know there are fans on here; I first heard (indirectly) of the show on Chaz and just recently got around to watching it, but I just want to know HOW DID IT NOT RUN FOR 8 FULL SEASONS? I want MOOOORE! Now I understand all the latent rage over the cancellation. There was so much more to see! So much more to learn! And my god, just thinking, "I'm a leaf on the wind" makes me weepy.

How am I supposed to move on?!

Manic post over, my apologies.

Battlestar Galactica, or Caprica.

Nathan Fillion may still be trying to buy the rights to the Firefly series.

Red Dwarf is also a good series.

You don't move on.

Years and years later you are still bitter it is canceled, still mad no one listened to you when it was on, still quoting it at any given chance and still shoving it down people's throats while randomly bursting into a rendition of "The man they call Jayne!"

You don't move on.

Years and years later you are still bitter it is canceled, still mad no one listened to you when it was on, still quoting it at any given chance and still shoving it down people's throats while randomly bursting into a rendition of "The man they call Jayne!"
Or this.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I know, the show was truly beautiful.

I still want to know what the Preacher's connections were to the evil organization that was chasing them all! I mean, he was injured, he showed them ID, and then they helped him. WTH was that all about?? And they never answered that in the movie!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
You don't move on.

Pretty much this.

I've been watching Battlestar Galatica lately and even though that show is awesome in it's own right, I still can't quell the thought of "How did this run for so long and Firefly didn't even get an entire first season on air?!"

So glad I'm not alone in my turmoil! The unexplored possibilities are what really get me. They had literally all of space to adventure through! And I would so buy one of those shirts... I need to do some browsing, clearly :D

I watched battlestar as it aired, then last fall I watched all so Stargate, now I'm working on my costume for the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo...yep I'm one of those people who dress up, lol. Now I am finally watching Dr.Who.

This is my costume from the Edmonton Comic and Entertainment Expo!

RD

Are you dead yet?
You watch it over and over. You watch red dwarf and doctor who and every now and then you get a little pang of sadness for how great and long running that show could've been.

Snark

Mutts to you
Or you wear out your Firefly dvd and have to buy another one... I also watch Castle because Nathan Fillion is darned cute and they occasionally throw in Firefly references.

I seriously need that 'interesting' t-shirt! :)

RBark

Got Floof?
Yeah, I'm a little obessed with Nathan Fillon. The way he acts is so entertaining. Though I'd be happy if he worked on a better show than Castle.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
You watch and re-watch and re-watch. You buy firefly shirts. You buy Firefly art prints (they look like vintage travel posters) and hang them in your living room. You name dogs after characters in the series.

... at least, that's what I've done. :)

Sekah

The Monster.
I still can't quell the thought of "How did this run for so long and Firefly didn't even get an entire first season on air?!"
Fox is renowned for ruining a good thing.

Other fun watching suggestions are Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog, and reliving the golden age of Buffy/Angel isn't a bad thing. Dollhouse has its moments too.

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
I tried to start watching season one of Dr. Who and I just can't get past farting aliens. I mean seriously, in what world have fart jokes ever made good TV?

PLEASE someone tell me it gets better at SOME point to warrant such a fan base?

You watch and re-watch and re-watch. You buy firefly shirts. You buy Firefly art prints (they look like vintage travel posters) and hang them in your living room. You name dogs after characters in the series.

... at least, that's what I've done. :)
I have a 100% greater appreciation for Kaylee and Jayne's names now.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I have a 100% greater appreciation for Kaylee and Jayne's names now.
My Kaylee is nothing like the show's Kaylee. Jayne.... well.... he's pretty much spot-on. ;)

Jayne's registered name is even Firefly-themed... it's Bruda Hero of Canton.

Members online

No members online now.