Venus

Red.Apricot

Zobby's dam died today (or yesterday, maybe).

She was a 19 year old Pekingese, and she was a pretty hilarious little dog. She was the sassy, adventurous, door-darting, gate-opening, counter-surfing queen of the house. When she had her coat all grown in, she looked like a throw pillow, and when she was shaved down she looked like a sad pug. She didn't suffer fools, and didn't warm up quickly. I really liked her.

My boyfriend loved her very much, and I'm so sad that he wasn't able to take her as well as Zobby when he was kicked out. At the time, it didn't seem smart in our financial situation to bring an elderly dog into the house, but now I sort of regret that. He hasn't seen her in quite some time, and he's pretty torn up.

Anyway, she had a long life, and I hope it was a good one.

Bye, Venus.

Please give your boyfriend my sympathy. You all made your best choice under hard circumstances and you did it with Venus' best interests in mind, so please try not to secong guess yourselves.

She'll find her way home <3

Red.Apricot

Thanks, CharlieDog.

And thank you, Renee. It's hard to know if you've made the right choice on something like that. She was cared for, and wasn't being abused or anything like that, and I'm sure they got her the vet care she needed, and this way she didn't have to leave her home at such an advanced age.

Doberluv

Awww....that's such a hard loss after so many years of having such a faithful dog in your family. It is wonderful that she had such a good, long life though. I know you'll both miss here a lot. My sympathy to you both.

Members online

No members online now.