only sires titled?

Ashelee

Ok, so I was just looking at breeder's websites and I notice that quite a few I come across only title their males and not their females. Why is this?

SpringerLover

Most of the time, it is easier to show the stud because there aren't heat cycles. I don't really see that as a plausible excuse though unless the poor bitch PMS's really badly and is out of commission for months at a time.

A friend's bitch is intact (has had two litters I think) and is one of THE most titled dogs I've ever met.

Dekka

Just try me..
Heat cycles are a pain. But so are testicles lol. I don't know why people would do that? Maybe if they are hoping to stud out the dog they are more dilligent about getting it out.

All my dogs do things. And at the moment my most titled dog is Kaiden (male) but I imagine Dekka will end up being the most titled dog I ever own.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Seems in cockers that due to heat cycles and then loosing massive coat, people show at most till CH, and then don't touch the ring again. Always less female competition.. so it's also harder to rack up points in a way unless you can take breed.

Ashelee

gotcha, good to know. So is it looking for too much (I reworded this sentance like 5 times lol) when I say I want for my next puppy both parents to be champions (if looking at an AKC breed), or GRCH parents (if looking at UKC)? Or no not at all?

IME you should look very closely at breeders who only title their males. Sometimes it's a case of someone who got their hands on a retired CH and decided to make some money off of it. I only own girls at this point, and I title before breeding and continue to title after.

Dekka

Just try me..
Personally (depending on breed) I would like to see multiple titles on BOTH parents. Not just conf ch. I want to see if the dogs can 'do' things, unless your breed is one that is meant to mainly just look at.

My breeding stock:
to gtg, and where possible exposed to real hunting
race
lurecourse
do obedience
do agility
do Rally O
The whippets do conf.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I'd want both parents titled. Loosing coat and all, it's not a good excuse. One thing if you came close to CH and there was some reason you didn't make it all the way... but I'd want to see titles on both, preferably more than just a CH.

Too many people out there advertise with litter by champion male.. that's nice and on the other side you have...? Lot of skeazy people seem to get their hands on other people's CH males. I know of a boxer breeder I loathe. She's sort of dabbling in showing a girl.. but she has a kennel full of them. Prices seem based on health testing or lack of it and if she used a CH male from another kennel or not.. Couldn't be skeazier, but gets her hands on dogs that make her seem less dirty.

Ashelee

gotcha, and yes depending on the breed that we end up deciding on (I REALLY want an APBT - for conformation, and doing a few dog sports with), my boyfriend however wants another boston (which in reality I wouldnt mind, but I have been looking at breeders from the BTCoA and I am REALLY picky about how they look, not a big bug-eyed person lol). So if looking at APBT breeders I will be looking for GRCH/CH titles on the parents and grandparents (preferably even on further generations) and also working titles. with boston terrier breeders CH titles on parents and grandparents (and further generation etc), and possibly agility titles and such but havent really come across too many breeders doing it a lot with their bostons.

and I also like CGC, TDI, TT titles (especially on APBTs).

We arent ready for another puppy (or possibly slightly older dog depending) just yet, I am just looking and doing some research so when the day does come when we are ready, I too will be atleast slightly ready lol.

Members online

No members online now.