What kind of breed is she?

Janeece

HI Yall
I just adopted this little girl from the shelter. She was listed as an Australian Shepard, but all the pics online look nothing like this. Any ideas out there??
Thanks, Janeece in Tennessee.

[/URL][/IMG]

Jynx

I have aussies, and she could be a purebred, she would probably be considered a red bi/tri color. The "tail" may be deceiving and makes some purebreds look like a mix.

I see your from Tenn, and I'm assuming that's where you got her, Unfortunately alot of the aussies that end up in shelters down south, are from not so great breeders so they may not "look" exactly like you think a purebred should. She's very very cute and I wouldn't discount "purebred".

Her nose is a little thin/longish for an aussie, but again, don't discount purebred.

Why do you think she doesn't particularly look aussie? Check out these on the rescue site, there are loads of differnt colors/size shapes
http://aussierescue.leepfrog.com/

RD

Are you dead yet?
I'd say either Aussie/BC or Aussie. Absolutely GORGEOUS puppy, I'm in love! <3

Zoom

Twin 2.0
She looks like a tailed Aussie to me, or perhaps an Aussie/Border Collie mix...what with having a tail and the face looks a little sharp for true Aussie. But again, that could simply be from a not-so-great breeder.

Gorgeous dog though! I've got an Aussie as well. :)

Janeece

Thanks to all

Thanks to all who've replied:) Seems everyone is in agreement for the most part. She's 4mos old, her name is Simba,(yes I know, Simba is a boys name, but in Latin it's a feminine name, and she looks like a little lion cub) Yes she's a handful, but has been the best medicine to having to send our last baby to doggie heaven last week after being hit by a car.

This is Brandie with her future best friend, unfortunately the cat hasn't warmed up yet and is still searching for her lost friend. Hopefully she'll come around.
This sight has been fun to brouse through I think I'll check in often. It's nice to see people who appreciate thier "other children"

Swiftwind

Harley & Abby
I think she looks like a purebred Australian Shepherd. Very gorgeous puppy, with lovely colouring! :) I'm sorry to hear you lost your other dog (who sounds like she could have been a puppy), that's very sad. I lost a 10 month old puppy about 7 years ago (he was poisoned with dog bait at a dog park), and I'm always thinking about him.

Members online

No members online now.