Rotties

rottnpagan

Rottweiler Queen
JennSLK said:
For the Rottie show people:

Why do some Rotties have nice smooth coats like a dobe, while others have courser coats that are almost "scruffy". Wich is better?

I dont think it's bad breeding because there is a rottie in Emma's agility class who is a Can/Am Ch with a smooth coat and one in Jazz's conformation class whith a "scruffy" coat who is also a Can/Am Ch.

So whats the deal? Is one "better" than the other?
Ideally there should be a nice smooth sleek coat, without curls or waves. Some dogs have a wave, usually over their hips. It's not a DQ, but it's a fault.

Here's the Canadian standard:

Coat and Colour:
Outer coat is straight, coarse, dense, medium length, lying flat. Undercoat must be present on neck and thighs.

and

Faults:
The foregoing is a description of the ideal Rottweiler. Any structural fault that detracts from the ideal must be penalized to the extent of the deviation. Included as faults are: pink mouth, wavy coat, insufficient markings, undercoat showing through outercoat. Faults considered serious are: lack of proportion, undersize, oversize, level bite, yellow eyes, eyes not of same colour, eyes unequal in size or shape, hairless eyelids, excessively short coat, curly or open coat, lack of undercoat, white markings any place on dog (a few white hairs do not constitute a marking), excessive markings, light-coloured markings.

R

RedyreRottweilers

The coat should be hard, coarse, and of medium length, with adequate undercoat on neck and thighs. It should lie flat without waving or curling.

Undercoat should not show through.

A very short close coat is incorrect, as is an open, wavy, or long coat.

rottnpagan

Rottweiler Queen
Okay, is it just me or does everyone see this post weird?

For instance, when I look at the forum view, listing all topics in 'The Dog Breeds' section, it says I'm the thread starter, and that JennSLK wrote the final post, which is reversed. WTH?

rottnpagan

Rottweiler Queen
rottnpagan said:

For instance, when I look at the forum view, listing all topics in 'The Dog Breeds' section, it says I'm the thread starter, and that JennSLK wrote the final post, which is reversed. WTH?
And then I found the 'glitch' thread. Phew!

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
For the Rottie show people:

Why do some Rotties have nice smooth coats like a dobe, while others have courser coats that are almost "scruffy". Wich is better?

I dont think it's bad breeding because there is a rottie in Emma's agility class who is a Can/Am Ch with a smooth coat and one in Jazz's conformation class whith a "scruffy" coat who is also a Can/Am Ch.

So whats the deal? Is one "better" than the other?

Carolyn

ZooMaster!!
rottnpagan said:

OMG you too? That happened to me in another thread..I responded and ended up being the thread starter..what is going on????

Members online

No members online now.