Shows That Make You Geek Out

You know those shows that someone says they also like so you then decide they need to be your new best friend and talk about that show in great detail with you? Lets talk about those. Spinning off of a FB post I made and the guilty pleasure thread:

What TV shows do you just get super excited about and love to talk about with other people?

Do you have a type that tends to draw you in?

What do you like about these shows, what makes you drawn to them so much?

And feel free to use this thread to get super excited and talk about it with other people, over share, geek out, and ramble on about them all to your hearts content!

Doctor Who would be my number 1 Geek Out show (I'm going to roll Torchwood in here too).
Sherlock is a close 2nd
If anyone watches Luther, let me know.

I also really like Supernatural, but no one local likes it, so I have no one to geek about.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Well I've been doing a game of thrones marathon today. :p

Game of Thrones is the big one that is current. It's just so... good. I want to know what the ending is and I think it's extra exciting because no one knows and it hasn't been written yet. It's interesting and some awesome politics and fantasy elements.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Avatar the Last Airbender is another geek out show. I know, I know... it's a Y7 show but so freaking good. Sadly it's over and done with but me and my sisters and my sister's BF all watch Korra and discuss it. It's not nearly as awesome though.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Criminal Minds is one, I just love the whole series

It's Embarrassing, but... Adventure time is another one. Me, & my friend love the show, & we occasionally talk about it.

I've seen a few Sherlock episodes, & I have loved it,hoping to watch more soon.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
Game Of Thrones.

Hands down , I geek out over the books more than the show though.

I dont really watch any other thriller/suspense/pay attention or you miss it type shows.

Now I can talk for hours bout the back stabbing "reality" shows on Bravo. I watch them all . Between Bravo and TLC I really dont watch anything else besides the News and Rules of Engagement .

Game of Thrones is probably the biggest one right now. I've read the books too (well, almost, I've got about 400 pages to go on the last one) so it'll be fun going into the next season knowing roughly what's going to happen.

Doctor Who, although I was pretty disappointed with the last season. And Sherlock. Definitely The Walking Dead, too - has anyone else played the video game (the one with Lee Everett, not the new one with the TV show characters)? Supernatural to a lesser extent, I'm not as into it as I used to be.

Hannibal has only had one season so far but I like it a lot, and am super excited for the second season to start. If anyone is looking for a new show and can handle a little (well, more than a little) gore, I definitely recommend it.

Last edited:

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
Hannibal has only had one season so far but I like it a lot, and am super excited for the second season to start. If anyone is looking for a new shore and can handle a little (well, more than a little) gore, I definitely recommend it.
Off topic, but they were filming Hannibal at my school the other day!

Kootenay

Game of Thrones! There are lots of other shows that I love too, and I can geek out a little with any of them given the right circumstance.

I seem to get more obsessed with books in general, though.

So my current still airing favorites right now:

Arrow, loooove this show! Started out super still but loosened up a ton and has become one of my favorites on right now. Vigilante hero, comic book feel, really interesting backstory and hot guy shooting arrows. Yep, love.

The Blacklist, loving this right now. Not my typical show but James Spader is amazing and I love the female lead. Sooo many twists in it and I want to know everything. Completely sucked me in and that mid season finale? I don't think I took a breath during it.

White Collar, this was a recent one I just caught up on. Love.It. Love Peter and Neal's relationship, love Mozzie and love all the twists and that I spend most of it yelling at Neal to do the right thing.

Suits, I just adore this show. Love the bromance between Harvey and Mike and the dialogue.

Person of Interest, vigilante's with a Malinois and Shaw who is amazing. Can't get better than that.

And last but not least for shows still on, SUPERNATURAL! Seriously, favorite TV show on and very easily could be my favorite TV show ever. Love it so much. Dean is amazing, Sam drives me nuts but I love him all the same (And think he's an amazing actor at playing different people which is good with the amount of different things that wear his skin), Cas is like my favorite ever and Crowely is right up there with Spike as one of my favorite characters ever.

I think the twists they have on the angels and demons is fantastic, I love that Cas is always trying to do the right thing and always making such awful choices but I love him all the same. I think the show has the absolute BEST mix of soul sucking sadness that has you twisted up and humor that has me cackling, seriously, so many great lines and funny episodes. So pretty much, just yes.

Past geek out favorites in less detail:

Stargate! One of my first loves.

Leverage, because Parker, Elliot and Hardison are perfection and I love the vigilante stuff.

Buffy and Angel, I think of them together and there really is no need to explain the awesome.

Gilmore Girls! Seriously, you do not want to know the amount of times I've watched the entire show, season for season, back to back. All the lines are emblazoned in my mind. So many great characters and so many amazing lines.

And Firefly. Because Firefly.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
I do this weird thing where I binge TV shows like a hardcore addict.

Supernatural is most likely my favorite show I've ever, ever had the joy of watching. Closely followed by Buffy.

Suits is another complete love but not enough seasons yet to see if they can keep up their awesome.

Adore Bates Motel. So creepy and perfectly acted. Just love love it.

I keep meaning to watch White Collar then I don't. I should work on that.

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
Dawson's Creek.................yes I just admitted to that.

I've watched every single episode over 5 times. I still swoon over Pacey and Joey!

Dragon Ball Z, seen every episode at least twice.

Marmalade Boy <3

I'm a bit of an anime fan.....

Also Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin!

The Walking Dead...In a major way. I've literally been on the verge of a panic attack all day because it starts back tonight after a hiatus that was much too long. And now I'm both excited that it's coming back on, and terrified at the same time because I have no idea where some of the characters ended up and just...gah. The anticipation!

I also geek out about Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, and Teen Wolf (who knew that show would end up being so addictive?!?!).

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I'm a new Game of Thrones geek.
It started with the book and then I promptly went out and bought the DVDs.
I just don't have anybody to geek out WITH. :rofl1:

Otherwise I don't really get into TV shows!

I've never seen it.. should I make a point to Netflix it?
Umm yes. When I say Supernatural is my favorite show ever it's because I completely don't even count Firefly in the running because it's above and beyond that. And because it only had 14 episodes and a movie. It's Firefly.

It's also Joss Whedon (Buffy and Angel creator) so, yeah.

Teen Wolf (who knew that show would end up being so addictive?!?!).
Not gonna lie, I've been trying to find that on my Roku because I really kinda want to watch it.

Members online

No members online now.