Piggy Back Trick

Cooped up in the house all weekend? No good comes of it.

This trick is completely in the infant stages so far, he's having....targeting issues. He keeps trying to climb higher and drape/perch on my shoulders.

Piggy Back

tzigane

Ha! Cute! I have a really good friend who should try that with one of her large Chinese crested mixes. You just target to your back?

Taqroy

That is awesome!! I think part of his continuing to climb thing is that he's trying to get up so he can turn around and get to your hands - Mu is similarly obsessed with getting her reward and it looks like that. If you can figure out a way to reward him before he starts climbing you I think it would help.

You're even crazier than I am. And no, I won't be doing this with Boone. I'd like to keep my head attached, thank you very much.

SaraB

Hahahahhaha!! I love your dog. Agreed about the treat placement thing, but you already know that.

I adore how light he is on his feet, he looks like he weighs nothing.

kady05

That is too cute.. but yeah.. definitely not doing this with any of mine LOL. I'm too little and they're not exactly graceful!

Ha! Cute! I have a really good friend who should try that with one of her large Chinese crested mixes. You just target to your back?
Essentially yes! He knows the cue for jumping up onto something that I gesture to. He had him rather worked up with a toy the first time I did it so it helped but overall I just put him in a stay, turned around, told him up and gestured and he went for it.

That is awesome!! I think part of his continuing to climb thing is that he's trying to get up so he can turn around and get to your hands - Mu is similarly obsessed with getting her reward and it looks like that. If you can figure out a way to reward him before he starts climbing you I think it would help.
You are so right, it really really is, the problem is I can't get my hand in the right position to reward while supporting his weight. When he lands correctly like you see in the first jump he's mostly rewarded in front of me, but everytime he jumps oddly I have to try and stop him from twisting and falling and it throws everything off.

Stupid dog.

You're even crazier than I am. And no, I won't be doing this with Boone. I'd like to keep my head attached, thank you very much.
He also weighs NOTHING compared to Boone. And I have no scratches from this trick :p

Hahahahhaha!! I love your dog. Agreed about the treat placement thing, but you already know that.

I adore how light he is on his feet, he looks like he weighs nothing.
I'm spoiled by his cat like landings!

That is too cute.. but yeah.. definitely not doing this with any of mine LOL. I'm too little and they're not exactly graceful!
Come on! It'll be fun! An adventure!

kady05

I also have a pinched nerve in my back, so probably not the best plan to ask 60lbs. of Pit Bull to jump on it LOL! I'm jealous of how cat like he is.. my guys would just pummel me.

Last edited:

Toller_08

I'm jealous of your trick creativity, even if some of them look a little painful haha. But I can barely think of any and you always think of the best ones! Traveler looks awesome, as always. He catches onto things so quickly!

I'm jealous of your trick creativity, even if some of them look a little painful haha. But I can barely think of any and you always think of the best ones! Traveler looks awesome, as always. He catches onto things so quickly!
You give me waaaay too much credit! This is just what happens when you have a dog that likes to launch himself at you all the time!

And I think he just likes anything that involves being able to throw himself at me without getting yelled at

I also have a pinched nerve in my back, so probably not the best plan to ask 60lbs. of Pit Bull to jump on it LOL! I'm jealous of how cat like he is.. my guys would just pummel me.
Excuses, excuses :p

Members online