The Three Amigos

One of the neighbors has a little black Lab puppy named Stanley who's a couple of weeks older than Kharma. Stanley's been visiting regularly in the mornings, afternoons, evenings, just anytime he sees our three outside and Kharma, Shiva and he have a ball playing in the wading pool I keep in the yard for the dogs. Shiva's in her element, rolling on her back with puppies clambering all over her, nipping and gnawing at her or running around playing tag with the two little ones. Bimmer supervises and makes sure no one gets into too much trouble. Stanley's learned, though, that Kharma isn't to be trifled with. She's a little spitfire, and will go after him full speed ahead if she decides she wants to assert herself. She bowls him right over, and if he tries to run away, well, as the Borg would say, "Resistance is Futile."

Stanley was over here playing yesterday morning and Herbie, his "daddy" had to go somewhere so Stanley had to go home. Well, being a puppy having all sorts of fun, Stanley didn't want to go, so Herbie had to come and get him. Stanley was quite wet and muddy, by the way.

Herbie and I talked a bit and he told me about his experience with the Three Amigos the other evening. He was outside with the grill, but had left his door open (uh-oh) and the dogs were all playing together. Herbie wasn't paying a lot of attention (double uh-oh) and the dogs just kind of did their thing, playing and wallering, disappearing and reappearing. (Always a bad thing when three puppies disappear together!)

After about twenty minutes or so, Herbie told me
he went back inside to get something and noticed there was garbage from one end of his trailer to the other. Then he noticed the slipcover was pulled off the couch, along with all the pillows and some of the cushions. The coffee table was completely cleared of all clutter. Then he noticed the bathroom towels arranged artistically down the hallway. Then he noticed that the towels were closely followed by all the sheets and pillows off the bed. All this was punctuated by three sets of muddy paw prints scattered here and there.

Bimmer, poor responsible baby, had been sitting next to the porch, guarding the grill. Whether he was guarding it to keep the other three out, or guarding it to be the first to get treated is up for speculation, but at least he didn't participate in the carnage.

I thought the man was going to hurt himself laughing when he told me about it. Herbie was definitely a good sport about the whole thing, remarking that he hoped the dogs had as much fun as it looked like they'd had.

Herbie can't find his checkbook now. My money says Kharma hid it somewhere. She's got a real talent for making things disappear. She hides everything!

You should've seen what she did in my house yesterday! From now on, when we're gone, Shiva stays on the back porch/laundry room! She even managed to take down the shower doors. The lid is off the back of the toilet right now (waiting for Charlie to fix it - he wants to do something other than just replace the broken flush handle), and Shiva's found out it's a wonderful supply of fresh water and FUN! She's pulled off the little hose (three times now - this time it's disappeared) that makes the incoming water pour downward instead of splashing hard against the side of the tank. I think she's been bobbing for the float, too. What a dog! Shiva, the Great Destroyer! Once again, it's all Charlie's fault for naming her that. Oh, well, if trashing the house remains the only incorrigible habit she has, I'm happy. She's really a sweetheart, loving, adorable, full of joy and she lives completely in the moment - very Zen. She's like a living meditation.

Kharma, on the other hand, is going to be a beautiful, adorable, loving, manipulative and evil little conniver. . . but she's soooo cute! And she's already decided that her place in life is right next to me and no one had better try to move her.

necterine0

I just laughed so hard reading this. Sounds like a hardy crew you have there.

well, as the Borg would say, "Resistance is Futile."
lol ..love that saying...Sounds like you are a trekie fan..lol i am to.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Your so funny gurl..i just saw that big ol head trying for the float in the toilet..New TOY!!!!!! Ransacked house! PARTY TIME! and i though teenagers were awful..i bet they didn't even look guilty.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Renee, what a great story. Herbie sounds like a great neighbor to have. I really like the part where you describe them as 3 puppies. I understand that Shiva and Kharma are still puppies, but most people wouldn't. Max is now 2 1/2 years old and only another 1 1/2 years until he matures. He's my big puppy too!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Lol!!! What a great neighbour Herbie is just to laugh about it!! It sounds like non stop fun where you are!! :D I have visions of dogs apple bobbing in the toilet now!! Lol!

Irish

LOL. I'm just worried that since Herbie can't find his checkbook - he may get a bank statement with multiple checks written at the local Dogs-R-us store! Paw prints for signatures! Oh the shame of having a dog that writes bad checks! :D

Members online

No members online now.