so who would be interested in....

That sounds like a ton of fun!! But prices for flying or gas prices for driving..plus the stress of transporting whatever dogs I took and being away from the other pets to camp wouldn't work out (Since I am their primary caretaker)! But when you do it, take pictures and post them!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I would be up for it. As far as Bamm coming along it will depend on where he's at with his reactivity training by then, but I would love to come.

LoveMyKees

Love My KEEShond
That would be so cool, I'd totally be up for it. But since I'm under 18 and my mom would have to come up with me, I doubt she would want to. Plus I probably wouldn't be able to bring Max, just because he sometimes has issues with large groups of dogs.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Itd take me several days to get up there, and I'd need a passport, since I've never been over the border, and someone to tell me what to do when I get there, lol, but we have a ton of camping stuff, and I'd love to come!
Same here. Maybe we could go together and I can pay half for gas, food, hotel (if need be), etc.
I can probably make it up to Canada next summer (that was my plan anyways).
As long as its early August or late July cause I would be starting college in August/Sept.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I would probably be able to go by then! I'd have vacation days and likely maybe have the money! Maybe I'll even have a dog by then!!!!

Only things would be driving over there from Washington. If Anyone on my path to the east side (Ontario) would like a ride, I'd be willing to take a few people. Though I have a small car (Toyota Corolla) so probably wouldn't be able to fit too many big dogs. But we could do at least one or two ;)

Dekka

Just try me..
I would be up for it. As far as Bamm coming along it will depend on where he's at with his reactivity training by then, but I would love to come.
Dekka will be there. Remember I am used to organizing JRT events were we assume all dogs can be DA/DR. So unless he is REALLY bad I wouldn't worry.

Dekka

Just try me..
That would be so cool, I'd totally be up for it. But since I'm under 18 and my mom would have to come up with me, I doubt she would want to. Plus I probably wouldn't be able to bring Max, just because he sometimes has issues with large groups of dogs.
Will you be 18 by next year? If not you could still come if you caught a ride with others. (well you could come by yourself but that is not as much fun ;) ) I have traveled with other people's teenagers into the states. Its not an issue if you are worried about that.

That sounds like so much fun!---I know I'm mostly a lurker, but I'm trying to become more chatty LOL! I would love to come! I'm in South Jersey---about a 10 or 11 hour drive I think from Ontario--I was in Ontario once for the Quarterrama Quarter horse show in 1988---I am so dating myself!
Dekka-- what are the requirements for bringing dogs across the border? I would love to meet some Chazzers and their dogs (and also chat horses too !)

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Dekka will be there. Remember I am used to organizing JRT events were we assume all dogs can be DA/DR. So unless he is REALLY bad I wouldn't worry.
That's really good. Ozzy has come a long way, and maybe I could get your help with that. Jett does fine with new dogs, she's a bit afraid of larger (much larger) dogs than her, but she gets over it quickly. Ozzy still needs some work, but we've come a long way, and I'm hoping that we'll have come even further by the time this rolls around.

Dekka

Just try me..
Your dog needs proof of rabies to cross the border at this time. You need photo ID and your birth certificate-though that could change in a year.

Dog food is iffy to travel with, don't bring a huge container. If customs people confiscate the scary kibble I can help you find more here.

xpaeanx

If someone would car pool with me I'd be down!

I live on Long Island, I have a big truck, perfect for 2 people, 2 dogs, and camping supplies. I would only bring one of mine since it's such a long trip.

Toller_08

I don't know for sure whether I'll be able to make it at this point, but I am definitely interested. :)

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
July would work better. Maybe Aug. We are planning a trip to the Belmont area to visit family anyways.

Sounds good--I have a passport, so no worries there. My vet does three year rabies vaccs--would I have to have it done within the year? Good to know about the kibble.

Members online