bladder infection common after spaying?

femke

Hello!

We got penny spayed last week (as some people might remember) she was doing great until we started to notice she was peeing a lot more than usual, took her to the vet today, my poor girl has a bladder infection:(

has anyone ever heard of that happening after a dog getting spayed? I just have a feeling that's got to have something to do with it or why else would she just get a bladderinfection out of nowhere when she's always been fine?

got antibiotics for her so hopefully she'll feel better real soon!

Mike_SK

Hi Femke,

When I adopted Maddie from the SPCA she had just been spayed a few days/weeks earlier. I noticed she was peeing quite a lot and drinking a lot of water. When I took her to the vet they said I should bring in a urine sample and she had an infection. She's done her antibiotics now and seems to be able to hold her bladder a lot better now. I'm not sure if it was frmo the spay or the stress of moving home with me, but she seems to be better now. Sorry this doesn't really help, just my 2 cents.

Hi,
Bladder infection is not co-incidental with spaying. It is mere accidental co-incidence rather than incidental co-incidence.
Anyhow, your girl might get cured as easy as possible just like that of Mike's dog. Dun worry!
I'll pray the Al-mighty to get cured ASAP.
Best wishes,
dogadvicer
=========================================================
http://www..edogadvice.com

Members online

No members online now.