Is your "heart breed" what you thought it would be?

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Growing up I was "tough". I scraped and I was starting wide receiver on our highschool guys team for 3 year in a row. Including my Rookie year.

I allways loved dogs. The bigger the better in my opinion. I have also allways admired dobes and rotties from afar.

When John said we could have a dog we just didnt have the room for my dobe so I got a beagle. Yes a beagle. Everyone was suprised because a beagle just isnt me. Everyone said I needed a "junk yard dog" :rolleyes: , or at least my friends said that.

I will allways have a beagle around. I am in love with houds. I never thought I would be a hound person. I guess the dogs know the "true" you.

Dont get me wrong I still love my dobe. She's such a "junk yard dog" :p ;)

What did you envosion your self having? Whats your "heart breed"

Saje

Island dweller
I don't think I had a heart breed. I always like shepherds though and now I have to GSD mutts lol.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Is your "heart breed" what you thought it would be?
NO!! LOL

My thinking as far as dogs went was always The Bigger, The Better!
Now I am in LOVE with the corgi breed. Although I'm sure that I will own many other breeds, I don't think that I'll ever be without a corgi or corgi mix again.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I have always loved GSD's and I have always had a GSD mix and will continue to have a GSD in my life either purebred or mix :D

T

tessa_s212

With our addition of our new dogs, our ESS and Pointer,.. well, I was looking to stray away from cockers, a breed I had had all of my life, but I got the exact opposite. Cockers ARE "my" dog,.. they'll always be my little heart dogs. :)

AusCatDogs_4Ever

but please call me Aus.
Nope. I've always admired ACDs, but never thought I would own one as they are definatly not a popular breed around here. I was planning on getting a Boxer at first. I was surprised I ended up with this breed, and now I will never be without one. :D

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
lol Honestly, no.. I grew up around Shelties my whole life and although the I love breed.. Now that I have Riot.. I could never get another breed .. i may switch in the variety lol but I love the Belgians :)

I never thought I'd be able to actually get one!
I have learned SOo much from the breed.. not all the research in the world will truely prepare you for a specific breed!

Toller_08

I've loved Tollers ever since I can remember so I guess they've always been my 'heart breed'. I know I'll always have them.

RD

Are you dead yet?
As a kid, I was always very fond of Collies. I grew up watching Lassie and just loved those majestic looking dogs. Even after I got Ripley I hoped that I'd have a Collie someday.

Instead, after being bitten by the agility bug, I got a Border Collie. Like a Collie, but psychotic. Despite the quirks, this is my dream breed. I love that my dog enjoys working with me and actually looks forward to the time we spend together. He is a velcro dog but he isn't invasive. He's very active but will calm down and sleep when there's nothing to do. He's sooo helpful to me around the house and really is kind of my own little black and white "Lassie". :D

bubbatd

I consider breeds ,a wanted breed of the mind.... a " heart dog " ..is something else. I've owned many Goldens and I loved them all to death... though only 2 were really " heart dogs" ... my Bush and then my Bubba.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I've had Molly since I was 7 years old...and before we got her, I never really thought much about dogs, I just knew I wanted one--no matter what breed lol.

I definitely consider boxers "MY" breed and I don't think I will ever be without one. I may add other breeds into the mix, and who knows, maybe I'll find another breed that I like more (as of now that doesn't even sound possible!)...but I still think I will always have a boxer around.

I like big dogs more, I so badly want a pit bull, or a rottie, or a newfoundland...so I think it would be quite surprising if years from now I realize that smaller dogs are really more for me. :p

I honestly used to picture myself owning a German Sheperd or a Rottie. Now that I''ve owned a Siberian Husky, I adore these guys and will never not have one. They are totally the dog version of me! LOL

Kanga

I have always wanted a Maltese........It took me 20 yrs to finally be owned by one and the wait was so worth it. My Maltese has turned out to be more than I had anticipated. We are now adding another one before the year is out hopefully. I just adore my little Maltese.

GSD's, not really. I hate dog hair and always said I could never have one becuase they shed too much. Also I felt the bigger the better and I wanted like a great dane or something, but I am happy with GSD's. I also grew up with Dobermans and I love them so much. I will nver be without a GSD and a Dobie.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'm thinking Aussies are my heart breed, but Sawyer is my first. So I'm not sure if it's "heart dog" or "heart breed" but I'll never be without one.

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
I grew up with alot of different dogs ranging from Great Danes to labs and everything inbetween.
The last dog was a cocker spaniel mix. She was my heart dog. At the age of 13 I taught her to Roll over on either side by command, shake with both paws the right one first then the left if commanded. Play dead with the sign of a gun with my fingers and hand, Fetch the newspaper which was a hard task for such a small dog. That dog was what I classify as Human smart.
I now have one cocker spaniel who is my Sophie the Sofa dog.

Jims heart dog has always been a lab. I have grown to love and adore them completely. Now my heart dog is a yellow labrador male who is a charactor!

skyeblue

mut and proud of it!
I used to love basset hounds because theyre kinda ugly cute but now i love boxers for the same reason theyre the dog ide probably get but i love my mutt skye and im not planning on trading her for a boxer

Members online

No members online now.