Miss Lucy

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Agility handling class on Monday! Whoop! Excited to see what the trainer thinks of her. :) Hoping to get some videos.

meepitsmeagan

Miss Goose is still with us, though I don't know how. This dog is such a catch.

We did our first off leash bike ride last week and she did fantastic. One of Lucy's favorite things to do is go bike riding! She rates the bike so well, doesn't pull, and is really starting to get the hang of other bikes passing her. Her impulse control has improved a lot, as has recall. She's now pretty much completely reliable offleash, which is awesome with how much prey drive she has.

Unfortunately, my schedule has been pretty crazy and we haven't been able to get out too many places, so she still can get sort of overwhelmed and distracted in new places with a lot of dogs.. but she adjusts really well once she settles in. I think with a little more work on this, she would be a fantastic go anywhere dog. She bonds very closely with people, and once she trusts you, that's about it.

WE'VE OVERCOME HER FEAR OF THE STAIRS! She will now go down the stairwell. :D So exciting. She also helped Rider bridge this fear as well (I'm not sure what it was about them cattle dogs ;) )

I've contacted a local Border Collie rescue and they will be helping me to cross post and to get some videos to get her networked some more. I really want her to find that forever home. Hoping this will do the trick.

She loves Josh. Josh loves her.

DSC_0685 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Can you post a picture on FB publicly with a description (kind of like what Falon had for Vex) so I can share it around?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I linked her PetFinder page on my Facebook page... maybe it will catch some eyes. She's a real cute little girly, I'm sure somebody will just love her!

meepitsmeagan

Can you post a picture on FB publicly with a description (kind of like what Falon had for Vex) so I can share it around?
I can definitely do that! Thanks!

I linked her PetFinder page on my Facebook page... maybe it will catch some eyes. She's a real cute little girly, I'm sure somebody will just love her!
Thanks, Beanie. Appreciate it! :D It would be cool if someone in the Midwest got her, then maybe we could do meetups every now and again.

meepitsmeagan

Goose has a home that is very interested in her. May be a few weeks before they can make the trip down though.

meepitsmeagan

Lucy had her performance eval today... Trainer said she definitely has the intensity to do it, but needs work on confidence. Pretty much needs to be socialized as if she were a puppy. Which is awesome. Considering the fact that I'm working full time and going back to school. I've got all the time in the world. </sarcasm>

I'm going to really crack down on foundation work with her, training at least twice a day (shorter sessions). If in a month we aren't coming along pretty good and are ready for a second private, I'm going to take the sports prospect off of her listing.

Our list: exposure to equipment, mainly tunnels and jumps. 2o2o and lid work. building drive for a treat pouch. jump sends (working up to two jumps). jump work side to side. ladder work for rear end awareness. go all the places for confidence building and focus work. oh, and flatwork and front crosses.

AliciaD

On second thought...
She's so pretty and seems like such a sweetheart. I hope she finds her forever home soon!

meepitsmeagan

She's so pretty and seems like such a sweetheart. I hope she finds her forever home soon!
Your good thoughts must have rang through today!

I just got off the phone with a very nice couple who have another ACD/Aussie mix. Super active, love to hike and take their dogs camping. Live in the UP, so meeting arrangements are going to be kind of tough but they are going to try to catch us next weekend while we are up north.

Vibes for the Goose that this is the one!

meepitsmeagan

I just got off the phone with a very nice couple who have another ACD/Aussie mix. Super active, love to hike and take their dogs camping. Live in the UP, so meeting arrangements are going to be kind of tough but they are going to try to catch us next weekend while we are up north.

Meet and greet with this couple on the 7th. All the vibes that this is her forever home.

meepitsmeagan

Adoption application has been approved. If the meeting goes well on Saturday, Luce will be heading to her new home.

Very bittersweet.

meepitsmeagan

All the vibes helped because miss Goose has been adopted by this family! She took right to them and got along great with their other dog.

Dark, stupid overcast and I didn't catch it until it was too late.

DSC_0959 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

DSC_0913 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

DSC_0909 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

DSC_0883 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

Members online

No members online now.