NOVA Chazzers and Surrounding- Meetup

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Ok we've talked about doing meetups before and they didn't end up happening.

So let's make this happen!!!! I was thinking we could maybe hit up a dog park for a bit and then Caitlin (redhotdobe) mentioned looking into some dog friendly food joints. So who is in?

Also if you have suggestions definitely feel free to offer them. If anyone wants to come that has a bit of a drive and you want to spend the night you can crash on my couch. I just have to ok it with my husband first and we would have to crate and rotate your dog and Bamm while you are at my place.

JacksonsMom

Woooohooo! I'm SO in. I'm close to Annapolis, so probably about an hour away. I know I'm like 50 mins from Arlington, VA. I've never driven there though, so hopefully it's an easy drive, and could be during a non-crazy traffic time. Definitely would be in for a doggie friendly restaurant afterwards.

CaliTerp07

It's a super easy drive from Annapolis--just straight down 50 to the beltway (or into the city, depending where we meet).

I'm down for just about any Saturday! Lucy's always game for new friends :)

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Most weekends I'd be good. Neither of my kids are dog park safe any more, so I'd just be bringing me.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
I'll be busy on various Saturdays, and I'll be out of town April 13-15. But most weekends are fine.

Actually, one possibility, if we have enough warning, is that we could meet at my house; it might provide a more controlled environment than the dog park and we could put crates in the basement. I have a half acre fenced yard for the dogs. Sarama and Docket would have to stay inside though . . . I know Sarama would not take well to other dogs in her yard.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I'd be down for a meetup. I might bring my mom's dog Rocky because he likes other dogs and he needs to play with other dogs once in a while who aren't always grumping at him to leave them alone, lol.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Real quick. Just noticed that pet EXPO is in March. I think its the 16th-18th. Anyone want to go on the 18th? I work until about 9 or so that morning but I can go after I get off work. I might be able to do Saturday instead but I don't know my work schedule for that day at the moment.

CaliTerp07

I am making my husband take me and Lucy to Pet Expo for my birthday! (It is the 21st). So we will definitely be there at some point, but probably Saturday, as Sunday is filled with church-y things.

JacksonsMom

I could possibly go to the expo. I'm dogsitting for my grandma's foxhound, so not sure I'm up for two dogs, it depends on how well she does walking on a leash together with Jackson and such... lol.

CaliTerp07

I could possibly go to the expo. I'm dogsitting for my grandma's foxhound, so not sure I'm up for two dogs, it depends on how well she does walking on a leash together with Jackson and such... lol.
I wouldn't bring two dogs to it if it's just you. It's quite busy and chaotic, and you'll want a free hand to look at merchandise and hold purchases.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Ok here is cost and times based on the website

Friday - 4pm - 9pm
Saturday - 10am - 7pm
Sunday - 10am - 5pm

Admission: $13.00 - Adults

I figure Friday most people are working so that might be out of the question. Who would prefer Saturday and who would prefer Sunday? I figure we can plan it the day the majority of us can show up.

My schedule: I work Saturday from 5:30am-12 so I probably wouldn't get there till about 2. Sunday I work from 5:30am till about 9:30am so I could probably get there by 12.

Also, if anyone wants to carpool I do have a small SUV that can fit a few people plus dogs. I'm crossing my fingers Cricket doesn't go into heat before this event because I will be devastated if I can't bring her.

CaliTerp07

Use promo code "Bobby" to save $4 off the cost of tickets...

I think I'm going to go Saturday. My in-laws are staying with us Saturday night and I have no idea what time they'll leave after church on Sunday, so I can't guarantee I'll make it Sunday. The tickets are good for either day though.

JacksonsMom

I'm probably not going to make it. :( It's a little over an hour from my house... but I'll be at my grandma's house with her dog which is a good 40 minutes from MY house and I don't think I'd want to be bringing both, and it'd be too much to drive all the way to VA and then all the way back to her house. Plus being in sort of a rush because they don't like to leave her crated for more than 6 hours. So darn. :( If only it was the following weekend...

Members online

No members online now.