Grrr! I need to vent!!!

OMG! I am sooo angry!
You see,I went to the park today,with Cookie and Samson,and samson and his little friend are playing with cookie,then suddenly his mother comes along and says "Come away from that dog,its dangerous!"
Arrg!! I can't believe the NERVE of some people! If cookie was a pomerainian she wouldn't have said nothing,would she? No! Just because she's an alsatian everyone expects her to suddenly turn manic and bite people! Gawsh! :mad:

Sorry there,I just needed to vent my anger.

German Shepherd? lol, But, I wouldn't have said that if my little dog was with a big dog, that was a Pittie, or German Shepherd, or Doberman Pinscher, sheesh, some people are just plain dumb, and need to be educated, whats next, a Labrador? I understand your anger. :) It stinks!

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
I run when I see Poms as I have been bitten too many times by one. It's like a reflex with me, I swear. Given the choice, I would have been far more likely to approach your dog.

Scooter

I agree! I won't mention the breed, but there is a certain small dog breed that has attacked my dog twice that I won't go near. If we see him at the dog park now, we won't even go in.

Doberluv

Jazzy, don't feel bad. That's one of those things we have to expect from time to time when we own breeds with a "vicious" reputation. I get glares and people crossing to the other side of the street too. Ya just gotta figure that those people are really ignorant and haven't learned to take a dog more on an individual basis. They don't know body language or how to read a dog at all. Try to take it in stride. I bet you have lots of people who do admire your dog and want to greet him. I know that I do. Many more people are complimentary and interested in my Doberman than not. Anyhow....it takes all kinds. I even get dirty looks sometimes about my Chihuahuas. ("nasty little ankle biters.) And they're absolutely not. They're very people friendly.

German Shepherd? lol,
I've seen this question about her use of Alsatian instead of GSD in another thread. So, here:

Breed names
The proper English name for the breed is German Shepherd Dog (a literal translation from the German "Deutscher Schäferhund") but they are usually informally referred to as GSDs or simply German Shepherds. In addition, the sobriquet police dog is used in many countries where the GSD is the predominant or exclusive breed used in the canine police force.

The name Alsatian is also commonly used in the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland and the British Commonwealth . After World War I, a few dogs were taken to Britain and the United States. In 1919, the English Kennel Club gave the breed a separate register. At that time, the British owners renamed the dog as the Alsatian Shepherd (based on the breed's origination from the Franco German border area of Alsace-Lorraine); It was feared that the German Shepherd Dog name could be an impediment owing to anti-German feelings still present after the war. Only in 1977 did the British Kennel Club authorize the breed to be known again as the German Shepherd Dog[6].

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I had a GSD before, and yep, people are stupid.

However, as an owner with a small dog and being around large dogs sometimes, you have to be aware that your small dog might not register as a dog to other dogs. I do pick up my dogs around big strange dogs. It has nothing to do with the breed, just the fact that I'm aware my babies are small.

cata.m

that´s the problem with people. they believe everything the news says. but my mom has two poodles, they are not too small, more like medium size, and we are afraid sometimes when we take them for a walk and we see big dogs, not because of the breed of the dog, but because a big dog can do great harm to little ones. here in chile people usually have big dogs as guardians, so naturally, they are not friendly dogs.
of course sometimes people over react...
:):):)

Thanks,I need to calm down! :mad:
breathe! -inhale- -exhale-
Okay I'm good. :D

:spam: I know this Smiley has nothing to do with the topic,I just think its cool!

well i think the point is because you have had one bad experience with a breed (no matter what breed it is) not to label the entire breed as a "bad dog"..that is how Jazzy~Jessie's dog ended upgetting lbeled by a person. I think it is important to remember every dog is different. I know how you feel that would be aggravating...did you say anything to her when she said that? My friend has a very kind pitbull but nobody ever wants to go near him

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
You are right My2. All I know is I never got bitten by a GSD but I still have Pom nightmares.:yikes:

I have a time hopping atop the fence with PB's though. I admit this. This is because I know someone whose son has had more than a dozen surgeries on his face because of an attack in his own yard, yet I have a friend who has a very sweet PB that I am always glad to see. I really think the first case was a serious case of irresponsible owners but you can bet that kid hates PB's. I would definitely keep my dog away from my friend's pit, but I personally think he's great. But mention Pom and I get very nervous. I think it's all just tied to your life experience. I love Dobes because of a childhood memory when a stray Dobe ran into our yard, knocked me on my butt to everyone's horror, and then proceeded to lick my face all over. I cried a week later when the owners were located. So, I would walk right up to a Dobe, even though it's also possible it might not be a very nice one.

I would guess maybe that lady had some incident with GSD's and she just attaches it to all of them. Dumb, but human nature, really.

You are right My2. All I know is I never got bitten by a GSD but I still have Pom nightmares.:yikes:

lol..i have a confession..im kinda scared of chihuahua but i think theyre cute..which makes it kinda hard to determine what i think about them:lol-sign: i think people get mixed up with pitbulls were bred to be mean with..they hAve DIFFEENT INSTINCTS but are good dogs , though i truly think they need a good owner . Some dogs can still turn out ok with neglect and abuse so that they wont attack people...but pits need people who are "good dog owners"...otherwise you will get the stories "pitbull kills woman".. just the same as labs need good owners and such.. and pitbulls are targets for how can i say this without sounding ignorant... just low life people who want to be portrayed tough with having a tough dog. More then likely the pit will be neglected maybe even abused, so the owner can keep it "tough" ,which sadly ends in a confused and aggressive dog.. Im in no way saying all owners or even all bad owners are this stereotype.. i just seem to meet alot of them down here. But i also know a lot of good pit bull owners too and they have very good dogs. i like them myself, i would want one if it werent for the ban, and my judgmental neighbourhood...and the fact i have two dogs already:yikes: ..lol

Members online

No members online now.