My Dog the Burglar Alarm...

Jenne

Ball Thrower
Today while at work I get a call that my windows and doors were "all open" from my landlord who got the call from my neighbor. He tells me he's calling the police. Knowing both are prone to exaggeration, I didn't immediately panic. But I started thinking of all the horrible things that could happen to my pets during a break-in/burglary. Then all these horrible images of my cats lost in the neighborhood or being sold as bait for dog fighting and of Chase being stolen and sold to some stranger or just being lost or used for dog fighting (not all of my thoughts are logical). So I leave work and start the 40 minute drive home almost crying with worry.

As I get off the highway, my landlord calls me back to say, "The dog was barking for like 5 minutes so [the neighbor] decided to see why and noticed that one of the screen windows had been torn open.... No one got into the house, they must have been scared off by the dog barking for so long."

Well... I guess I got an early day off work to start my 4 day weekend, but I would have preferred to stay at work than have to deal with that irrational panic.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm glad everyone is okay. I would rather leave the a.c. on then the windows open when I'm not home just in case.

emc

It's been said the best defense against a break in is to have a dog in the house.

Members online

No members online now.