Your dog in the care of others in your home...

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Denis sent me this last night while I was still at work.

This is Arnold, in Shamoos crate, hiding by the door. lol He's so pathetic. Pardon the mess, we're still in operation control the chaos. He often goes to the door, curls up and waits, indefinitely. He has had to be drug out back to potty before and rarely interacts until I'm home.

Curious, I asked if the others care and we discovered that while Sloan is his girl she doesn't care who's home between the two of us, and Shamoo while occasionally mopey(and supposedly won't listen to Denis) gets over it with relative ease. Backup definitely doesn't care.

Poor Arnold. I had him before Denis but we've been together for five years now, you'd think Arnold would attach to him, but no.

How about your dogs?

Airn

Gwen doesn't mope when I'm gone, that I know of. She likes Chris, so it's not a big deal. I'm sure she bugs him more than usual.

She definitely misses me more when I come home, though. Chris might get a couple of jumps, but she ATTACKS me when I get home.

But we're having problems with Chris ignoring her too much (in my opinion) so he kind of deserves the lukewarm welcome home ;)

Overall, she prefers me. She is our dog but there is an obvious lean towards me. I would say that the next dog will be Chris' but... I'm not so sure about that :lol-sign:

Lyzelle

I guess it depends on the person and his mood.

When we stayed at BIL/SIL's house, Zander did not move an inch while we were gone. He found his spot, and he stuck to it like glue until we came back. He only got up and started yelling once, when I guess he REALLY had to pee. But for the 3 weeks we were there, he accepted lovin's and really had fun with BIL(who isn't a dog person), but he wouldn't move unless we were there.

If for any reason Jin is home and I'm not (rare), Zander generally just seems to hang out. He doesn't necessarily go to Jin or ask for anything, but he isn't a wax statue, either. He'll just amuse himself until I get back.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
That is seriously cute!! <3 lol Arnold is so loyal!

Merlin is a momma's boy as well. We are working on it. He does not like it when I leave and if he doesn't know the person well he will hardly look at them and just spend his time trying to get to me.
With people he knows though, he is usually pretty fine after a few moments of whining

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Rumor whines and paces. Eventually she'll settle and lay down, but she'll get back up to whine and pace again. I feel sorry for everyone who has to deal with her while I'm gone. She's kind of annoying sometimes, lol.

DJEtzel

Sir is very similar to Arnold.

When I leave, Brian says that Sir spends 90% of his time in an open crate (which I've never seen him do) and the rest of the time acting like he hates Brian, while curled up in the chair.

What's odd about this, is that if I'M home and Brian leaves, Sir paces the house for 5 minutes then settles down, and gets back up after about an hour or two and starts running from the couch where he can see out the window to our bedroom "looking" for Brian.

And when we're both home, he prefers Brian over me. They definitely have more of a bond and are always on the couch together. Weird dog.

The other two have no preference. Any time Brian is home, whether I am there or not, Frag is equally afraid and Recon equally doesn't give a shoot who's telling him not to eat tennis balls. He hates us all the same. XD

Taqroy

All three dogs do okay at our house. Mu is far far more attached to me than she is to Matt but she doesn't mope or freak out when I'm gone.

When we're not at home though....Mu gets a little tweaky. Last time we went camping I left her with my mom while I went four wheeling. I came back to a story about how Mu disappeared and my mom flipped out and looked and looked and looked and finally found her trying to dig into our tent (out of the 10-15 out there). I guess she thought I was in there hiding from her lol. She is never ever allowed off leash without me around. I have no doubt she'd go looking for me.

Murphy gets very clingy if I leave him with anyone but Matt (or anywhere but home) for more than a day.

Tipper doesn't care. Lol.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
When I've lived with other people, Bodhi will take herself off and sleep on my bed if I go out, even if other people are in.

The first night I was away with Fred, he had to search the house to check I wasn't in before he settled... Lol.

I don't think they're too fussed though now, as long as the other half if home.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
The dogs are hubby's friends until it's about time for me to get home from work and then they leave him for dead to wait by the door. When I'm traveling they will persist by the door for hours. Mira, til bedtime.

The next day they will start by the door earlier, and earlier still every day after until I come home.

Mira used to completely ignore hubby when I was gone and just wait for me to come home. He put in time working with her and sitting with her and rewarding her for interaction so now she seems to accept him as a surrogate-me when I am gone.

But when I get home...

The sentiment is not reversed when he comes home while I am there. If I happen to be near the door then Kim and Web will greet him and Mira will wag in his direction but otherwise Kim and Web might go try to talk him into feeding them if they haven't already been fed. I can't remember the last time Mira did more than glance toward the door when he came home.

It's kinda sad. Web's technically his dog but Webster doesn't know that, apparently.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Same random question 2 posts in a row, that's never happen to be before lol :D

My current two don't care. They are always happy to see us, but as long as someone pays attention they are happy campers.

Izze was my dog, when I left her with my folks the first time when my job required me to travel, they said she didn't eat for a week :(

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Violet has no problems. She generally prefers me when I'm he but when I'm not she doesn't mind, and will stick with my mom.

Chloe is okay when we're gone but is sad. She will pace outside of our bedroom until my mom lets her in there and she'll lay on our bed looking sad. Once we were spending the night with a friend and my parents were going to have Chloe sleep with them, and when they went upstairs, my parents called her into their room and she just stood in the hallway looking back and forth from our bedroom to my parents bedroom until she finally just went and slept by herself in our room.

Dixie used to sit in my door way and shake until I got home. She was attached to me in the EXTREME though (like unhealthily).

Luna is pretty much attached to my whole family(Cinnamon was too) so when I'm at school and my mom/dad/ brother/ sister take care of her she doesn't even notice I'm gone. :lol-sign: She's pretty happy and relaxed as long as she gets attention from someone ;). She does lose it when I get back home though :D, she won't leave my side afterwards and only sleeps comfortably in her crate if I'm sitting next to her..

milos_mommy

Milo's only mopey if he knows I'll be gone for a long time....basically if he sees a suitcase or overnight bag, or if I am gone for a long time (usually overnight).

He doesn't seem to care much if anyone else leaves.

Benji doesn't mind if anyone leaves. In fact, he doesn't mind if we ALL leave, I don't think.

Shakou

Never tried it with my two, but I can see them behaving fairly well, if not trying to weasle some extra treats out of whoever was watching them, lol.

Michiyo-Fir

If it's me or my mom home, Nia doesn't care. If we both leave, and someone else like a relative or a friend is at home, she ignores that person and lies on my bed and sleeps.

BostonBanker

I live with my parents, and have for the entire time I've had both dogs.

Meg has a marked preference for me. She will rarely, if ever, choose to hang out in the downstairs where my parents live unless I'm there as well, or unless I'm gone. My mother is home during the day (retired) so Meg does hang out with her then. She will generally go for walks/rides with my mother if I'm not home - if I am home, there is no way she will leave the house. She is *horrible* to my father. She loves him just fine if he's eating, but otherwise she barely acknowledges him. If he tries to take her for a walk, she refuses. She will deign to let him take her into the yard on a leash, but panics and pulls back if he tries to walk her past the driveway. We joke that she is afraid he's going to kidnap her.

Gusto is less particular about walks - I think he'd go with anyone! He does adore my mother, and will often choose to sleep on her lap in the evenings. Once we are up and have had our breakfast, he usually waits downstairs so he can greet my mother once she's up for the day as well. He pretty much will "go" or "do" with anyone who is offering - he just wants to be involved!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
We'll start with Pepper since she's the oddball, LOL.
Pepper is my dog 100% unless I am not there. She will not leave the room and she will follow me everywhere. If I'm not there she will attach to my mom. She avoids my dad a lot even now. Not nearly as bad as she used to be but she really would like to approach him on her terms, which him calling her and reaching out his hand to her is not "on her terms" and she doesn't like it. HOWEVER... if nobody else is home... she is okay with him. Okay with him, not glomming onto him like she does with me. She will run and hide and when she realizes nobody else is home she'll go find him to hang out with him and will apparently even lay down on top of him.

Nobody likes Payton but me so he's really very rarely out when I'm not home, and when he IS out, so is Georgie, so he's usually playing with her more than caring where my parents are. But Payton is a mama's boy and would rather hang out with me than anybody else anyway, so I guess it's okay that nobody else likes him LOL.

If I'm not home Auggie is a-okay with everybody else, but if he's out and I AM home but just not in the same room (like, say, I went to the bathroom and he wasn't quick enough to follow me) he will lay down on the floor outside the door just waiting. He doesn't necessarily have to be in the same room as me, but he does have to know where I am. He's my boy. <3

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Oh, Blaze is definitely mine. I've been told he eats less, sleeps less, and barks more when I'm gone. He's definitely much calmer/at ease when I'm around.

Lizzie....she's a toss up. She's fine as long as you give her noms. But she definitely responds better to me.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Oh to be clear, none of our dogs pine such that they miss a meal lol.

Members online

No members online now.