what to do with peppers?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Mmmmmmmmmmm send them to me! I'm growing chillies, so I'll swap you a few!
Are they hot chillies? lol because my lips will swell up like Mick Jagger HAHAHA it's a sight to see lol but hubby likes spicy peppers.

we can try a swap but customs might not be a fan of it :rofl1: :D

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Anyone have any good MILD salsa recipes? i'm really wanting to make salsa now lol because we will also have a TON of tomatoes here shortly that I'll need to do something with as well. but most salsa recipes I find online are spicy and I just can't do spicy... I'm a big wuss.

Miakoda

I love eating cooked bell peppers!

I buy in bulk at the farmer's market, and I've had no issues with freezing them. I always wash them real well, and then cut them into strips. I either bag the strips based on color, or toss in mixtures so they're ready to go in a single bag for when I need them.

I think I eat them sautéd down with an onion, and then throw in some cut up chicken breast and just cook it all together. Easy peasy, and yummy!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Yeah I like the idea of the easy freezy method lol. I am all about convenience so being able to just grab a bag and throw them in whatever dish is very appealing to me lol. Cutting them up and throwing them jn a bag and into the freezer seemed too eay to be true so i figured there must be a catch. I am happy to learn it really is that easy lol

LindaJD

I've always frozen my extra peppers from the garden. I stoppped planting a vegetable garden a few years ago and sometimes I do miss it but there are a few farmers markets around I go to once or twice a week, but it is no where near as handy as going outside to just pick what I need. The thing I miss the most is cucumbers, I love just eating those as snacks and the ones in the stores around here are not good. I never had any extra cucumbers because we all like them here, we always had extra tomatoes, squash, zucchini and peppers. I just grew a few tomato and pepper plants in pots this year and the tomatoes seem to be doing good, but the peppers are kind of at a standstill.

Members online

No members online now.