What kind of chews do you buy?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Just looking for more ideas. :D

We do the typical bully sticks (thin preferred) and cow ears though my two have kind of lost enthusiasm for them.

Summer has missing teeth so she likes soft chews.

These are currently both dogs' favorite but are really quick work even for toothless dog: http://www.bestbullysticks.com/all-natural-lamb-weasands-for-dogs

They also really like these casing twists: http://www.bestbullysticks.com/best-bullys-beef-casing-twist-5-inches

Mia likes these but Summer is only meh about them:
http://www.bestbullysticks.com/12-inch-gullet-wraps-beef-jerky-for-dogs-25-pack

Also like duck feet (we often get them at stores here):
http://www.bestbullysticks.com/best-bullys-duck-feet

Salmon sticks- these REEK and are essentially a treat vs a chew
http://www.bestbullysticks.com/plato-thinkers-salmon-sticks

Also love THK Catfish beams. These also reek.
http://www.chewy.com/dog/honest-kitchen-beams-dehydrated-pure/dp/43598

Always looking for new options vs the standard bully stick!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I looove Wholesome Hide rawhide - it's the only rawhide I will give my dogs and the retriever rolls last foreeeever.

The himalayan chews seem hit or miss - some last forever, some are detroyed quickly.

Zukes ZRidge bones are a fav here.

Chicken and turkey necks are a summer treat here.

I get the 12" standard bullysticks from bestbullysticks.com & i normally order another bag of something. Sometimes is the 1lb grab bag, the most recent time it was the pig ears. Honestly, what he chews on the most are "soup bones" from the store. Those provide a good deal of chewing fun.

He also has some nylabones, but those seem to have fallen out of favor, along with his antlers and Himalayan chews.

Then again, this is the dog who thinks half the fun of chew toys are pouncing on them & sending them skidding across the hardwood floor.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I like Chuck & Don bully sticks because they don't smell. they last Lodin a long time, Webster a little while, and Kim/Mira about 15 minutes. The girls...don't get them often.

Antlers are always here. They have really skyrocketed in price the last few years so I am not sure what I will do about getting new ones. Still less expensive than a new couch, I guess...

Nylabones are always here

Tried a Himalayan chew thing and it was decimated in minutes.

Last edited:

Fran27

Nylabones. It's the only thing that doesn't get destroyed in 5 minutes. Plus bully sticks gave him horrible diarrhea last time I tried.

JacksonsMom

Jackson's really picky with what he will chew. Half the time things I would give him, he ends up just carrying around, whining, and looking for a place to bury.

So yeah the only chews he gets are bully sticks, Purina dental chews (they come in a box for like $7.99, I get them from chewy.com), and then for the 'soft chews' that he eats pretty quickly he gets Dentastix, Get Naked chews, or the new-ish Milkbone dental chews.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I always have Himalayan chews on hand, but a couple of my dogs get bored with them after 10 or so minutes.

They all love bully sticks, but my heavy chewers (Rory, Rylie, and Tucker) go through them so fast.

None of mine like antlers. I wish they did, because we have a big stash of them.

Rabbit ears and fish skin chews are a big hit here. I've found the fish skins made by Honest Kitchen last the longest, but they still only last about 10 minutes per dog.

iriskai

I like the Himalayan chews as well. Bison cartilage from BBS is really popular with my guys, they last a decent time, too.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
The occasional bully stick or trachea, but usually we stock up on smoked knuckle bones from the butcher. They're awesome and inexpensive and last.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Bully sticks, Himalayans, cow noses (they look SO GROSS!!), chicken feet, esophagus, pig heart, cow/lamb ears, knuckle bones, Achilles tendons, I've given Roxie almost anything I can find.

I mostly stick to bully sticks, knuckle bones, and himalayans though. Other things are a rare treat, if I see them on doggyloot or chewy.

MicksMom

...Rabbit ears and fish skin chews are a big hit here...
Rabbit ears? I'll have to keep an eye out for them. Although, given their size, I'm thinking they'll be more like a treat for Caleb.

...I've found the fish skins made by Honest Kitchen last the longest, but they still only last about 10 minutes per dog.
HKs Beams here, too. They definitely last longer than the braided cod skins I buying. Maybe 5 minutes instead of 10 seconds.

Other chews I buy: duck/chicken feet, lamb trachea, Bark Worthies Kangaroo Jerky (the trachea and kangaroo only lasts a few seconds, tho), turkey necks, lamb/pork vertebrae, lamb chops, chicken backs, celery (you get creative when your dog can't have beef ;) ).

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Rabbit ears? I'll have to keep an eye out for them. Although, given their size, I'm thinking they'll be more like a treat for Caleb.

HKs Beams here, too. They definitely last longer than the braided cod skins I buying. Maybe 5 minutes instead of 10 seconds.

Yep, the Beams are the ones I get. I've tried a few brands and they've outlasted all the others.

The rabbit ears last about 5-10 minutes per chihuahua, and they last Rory about 2 minutes if I'm lucky. They are covered in fur and are pretty foul looking but they really enjoy them.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I saw rabbit ears on BBS. I thought about buying a bag. Might have to try next time!

My dogs will not eat Himalayan chews. :/

MicksMom

... They are covered in fur and are pretty foul looking but they really enjoy them.
LOL Have you seen these? If you look closely, you'll see fur in them. http://www.spoiledsweetpets.com/haofdogtr.html

Just realized I forgot to include a couple of chews:

Hare of the Dog. They don't last Caleb very long, but he loves them.

Lamb & sow ears and pig snouts last him awhile. Sometimes he carries one around for days before he starts to nibble at a corner.

Shakou

What our dogs usually like the most seem to be the really thick 12 inch Bully Sticks, pig hooves, and ribs.

Members online

No members online now.