For the LOLs

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
The best breed misinformation you've seen posted on the web. (We're doing this on another forum and it's hilarious).

This is my favorite (from wikipedia no less). I should really edit it but it makes me LOL.

Temperament
The Papillon has the appearance of a dainty toy breed, but many owners will claim that their dogs are "big dogs in little dog suits". Some people find that their Papillon is very capable of handling a good five-mile walk. One aspect of the Papillon that has led many to believe the "big dog" assertion is this breed's surprising athletic ability. Don't be suprised by this dog's size and appearance, they are extremely athletic. In contrast to its staid and stately representation in the Old Master portraits, the Papillon is highly energetic and intelligent. The breed is far older than any other represented by the AKC and is more notable for its psychological abilities than its athletic parlor tricks; the Papillon's true strength lies in its ability to perceive the emotional needs of its owner and to translate them into a healthy psychological environment. In other words, the animal becomes what the owner needs at the time, depending on circumstances. Provided their genetic structure is sound, and they are not the product of "puppy mill" inbreeding, they are generally healthy animals. Papillons are built for movement, and most do not need any encouragement to apply their energy to athletic activities. They enjoy at least a half hour running about.[citation needed]
Lol, beware my psychic dogs. They read and alter minds. ;)

In fact, Nard is reading your mind right now....

It's all part of the world domination plot.

Last edited:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Here's another hilarious one from Dogbreedinfo about flat coats.

Be sure to take them for daily walks to satisfy their migration instinct, Flat Coats who are over excitable are showing signs that they are lacking in the Walk.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
From DogBreedInfo:
Unlike some herding breeds, which are bred to bark constantly at livestock, the Aussie is a quiet worker
By whose definition of quiet? Beethoven? :rofl1:

Other than there, there are just a few inaccuracies. Aussies are fairly forgiving and have a good sense of humor, but there are plenty out there that would not qualify for the "easy-going" label. There are plenty of Aussies that require careful handling, especially in public. They can have very set definitions of their space bubble and some will quickly use teeth to enforce it. These are sharp dogs, maybe not overall as sharp as say, the ACD, and the sharpness is becoming increasingly rare, found more often in the older working lines and very infrequently in the show ring, as it's counterproductive to have a reserved and sharp dog in the ring in most cases.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
"Pugs who do not have strong human leaders can become jealous, and begin to display guarding behaviors, such as guarding furniture, food, toys, or other spots in the house."

Really... Seriously... Pugs are jealous in general and they really could care less what's going on as long as they're being fed and loved... I don't think they even know HOW to guard...

"It is relatively inactive indoors and will do okay without a yard."

Izzie, Chai, and Ruby obviously never got that memo...

"While out on the walk the dog must be made to heel beside or behind the person holding the lead, as instinct tells a dog the leader leads the way, and that leader needs to be the human."

Did Cesar write this page on Pugs?

"This breed is a seasonally heavy shedder."

If by seasonal you mean all the seasons...

All from Dog Breed Info.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
If you look at the bottom of DBI, you'll see this huge text box promoting CM as the "cure for everything". :rolleyes:

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
If you look at the bottom of DBI, you'll see this huge text box promoting CM as the "cure for everything". :rolleyes:
Just saw that... DBI never had much credibility in the first place, i think that just puts it in the negatives now...

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Wow I love DBI, lol...

"The Plott has a curiously sharp and high-pitched voice, unlike the deep-throated howl common to other coonhounds."

While my older female screams on tree, apparently the two younger foghorns missed this memo. How can you make a generalization like this about an ENTIRE BREED?!

"The Plott Hound is not recommended for apartment life."

Oops.
Their basset information, on the other hand, is spot on - most people don't get this part right:

"They are very inactive indoors but outdoors they will run for hours in play if given the chance."

Usually I hear that they're lazy and not prone to activity. At all. Even though they're rabbit hunting dogs. ?!?

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
DBI on Chihuahuas

"Play can take care of a lot of their exercise needs, however, as with all breeds, play will not fulfill their primal instinct to walk."

Primal instinct? Since when was being on a rope and harness part of primal instinct...

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Yeah, they had the "no apartments" recommendation for Aussies as well. Uh...that year we spent in the Shoebox studio, what would that count as then? And I had *two* dogs in there...Sawyer and Virgo.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
I was gaily informed the other day that Travis was a Toy Pom(P) because Papillons only live in America. LOL! How is that for some dog breed info?

From DBI
The Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is a well developed bulldog, exaggerate bulldog with a broad head and drop ears.
Though drop ears do happen, they're not as common as rose (both are acceptable), and truthfully we pride ourselves on the fact that this breed ISN'T exaggerated!!

This is my favorite "history" of the breed.
The Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is a very rare breed. It is nearly extinct. There are about 120-150 worldwide. This breed results from three generations of an old breeding program of PaPa Buck Lane of Rebecca, Georgia, USA. The program started back in the 1800's and was intended to rescue the "plantation dog" of Southern Georgia that was nearly extinct. This rare, bulldog-type guard dog descends form Buck Lane's dog, named Otto. Lana Lou spokes of her granddaddy as always having had an "Otto" about the estate. One Otto was all one needed since these Bulldogs were capable of guard work and woods work. When PaPa Buck was killed by a train in 1943, his Otto proved his undying devotion by constant visitation and guard duty over the grave. Buck Lane's granddaughter, Lana Lou Lane, continued the breeding program until she passed away in her sleep on July 20th 2001. Like the Plott Hound, this muscular breed is the creation of one American Family, and its survival depends upon the nurturing it receives. Originating from English Bulldog Stock, this dog's ancestors functioned as cattle and pig herders, but the Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is bred solely for security and companionship.
Ahhhhh the bullpookie of this story always tickles me. And the whole "120-150 worldwide" is utter crap. There are way more than that out there.

Here's an interesting tidbit about the Ibizan Hound from Wikipedia:

According to journalist Norman Lewis, when an owner no longer wants to own one of these dogs (having too much of an appetite, for instance), it is considered very bad luck to kill the dog. Instead, they release the dog on the other side of the island, so that someone else might 'adopt' the animal.[9]

Members online

No members online now.