RIP ALEXA a very young very special kitty

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
My boyfriend recently had to put his cat to sleep. during the moving process, alexa got out and went missing for 4 days. we guess she got hit by a car and dragged herself back home because both her back legs didn't work

she was paralyzed from the waist down, and we did everything we could. we explored other options but in the end, what was best for alexa was to put her to sleep. she couldn't control her bowels and wanted so much to run and play that she really was suffering by being confined :(

RIP little alexa. we found you when you were only 5 days old and raised you all the way until now. you were only 1 1/2 years old and such a joy to our lives

she made her way back home after 4 days, we took her to the vet and he confirmed she was paralyzed but in no pain so we loved on her for a day or 2, made her as comfortable as possible and played with her and then we put her to rest. it was the hardest thing my boyfriend has ever had to do, and before this, i had never seen him cry before.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
WHat a tragedy. It is good that she made her way home. And that you gave her your love right up to the end. Rip Alexa.

Rest In Peace Alexa.. i'm so sorry for your lose........ rest assured she's now in a place where she can run free and be happy for all eternity.....

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
Gosh that breaks my heart. She dragged herself back home when her back was broken?

There is a special place ATB for her, and she will be waiting for you all there.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Gosh that breaks my heart. She dragged herself back home when her back was broken?
it was the saddest thing :( her vertabrae was crushed and her whole back end didn't work but she dragged herself back home after being gone for 4 days.
she was skinny and bruised and torn up from dragging herself but she still purred like crazy when we picked her up and brought her inside

Members online