Dobes!

W

Whitedobelover

yes i have two dobremans... i have a white and a blue... am getting a red female in the spring of next year and i also have a foster girl that is white whom hopefully will be getting ahome today or this week... :D we have two people who really like her and are interested in her. woohoo... i have pictures of my two on here and have also posted pics of misty too :D

Sirius said:
Has anyone here ever owned a dobe? I owned one, who died last year his dogster page is http://dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=199023&j=t check it out!

If anyone has, tell me about your dobes! I love dobes, but now I have Harley, maybe after. Rotties are next :D

-Laurr

Doberluv

I love my Doberboy to bits. I mean I am sooo in love with this dog. He's my first Dobe and I can't imagine being without this breed ever. I've had lots of dogs of various breeds, but this is the tops. The intelligence and intuitiveness is unbelieveable. I love their keen alertness and they're so astute, it seems, real thinking dogs. The degree of affection and loyalty is a cut above the rest. I love their velcroness. lol. I love their clownishness and sense of humor and their readiness to work...so trainable, so obedient when trained, although not always easy in all ways. The beauty, speed and atheletisism is a pleasure to watch.

The only thing I hate about Dobermans is the issues of their health and that they don't live long enough.

Sirus...I'm so sorry for your loss. That has to be so hard. I dread it. I just lost my lovely Lab not that long ago and I miss her a lot. She was a dear, dear dog. So, I know how you must feel. It takes time, doesn't it.

Last edited:
King acts like most of the Dobes my friends have had over the years, always wanting to crawl into my lap, a little bossy with other dogs, and able to sleep in terrible positions! My dog's mom was part dobe, and King's son that lives on the next block is black and tan, so it figures.

One of the Dobes my friends had, Sam, was insanely in love with me, making terrible noises just seeing me drive past the house. If I stopped, he would start screaming until he could get to me, where he climbed up in my lap, and usually went to sleep in a few minutes.

Sadly, he had a seizure one day, and had a very quick growing brain tumor and they had to put him down once it was obvious it was getting bigger by the hour. He was only 4 and had never had a single health problem before that. Their previous Dobe had problems from day one, and died of cardiomyopathy at 3. After Sam died, they got a Rott, who just died at 11. He was in love with me too.

Members online